1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a "Budget" red dot for my CZ Scorpion.

I'm running Aimpoint red dots on my ARs and was tempted to pull the T1 from my Remington 870 bedside gun for use on the Scorpion but figured if either of these two (Vortex's lifetime warranty is really really tempting) are worth a couple hundred bucks for a decent Red Dot...

Why not give it a whirl

·
Registered
614 Posts
I picked up a Holosun 403 but the Romeo5 is basically identical ;). I have a few Vortex scopes but for red dots, I really favor Holosun. I would recommend the Romeo5 for $99, I got the Holosun equivalent for the same prices and didn’t want “Sig” on my optics.

That being said, my Evo Micro sports a Holosun 510

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,518 Posts
I picked up a Holosun 403 but the Romeo5 is basically identical ;). I have a few Vortex scopes but for red dots, I really favor Holosun. I would recommend the Romeo5 for $99, I got the Holosun equivalent for the same prices and didn’t want “Sig” on my optiThat being said, my Evo Micro sports a Holosun 510
@azngotskills , What charachteristics of the Holosun do you prefer over the Vortex? I own vortex at the moment, but am strongly considering Holosun moving forward.

Thanks

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,638 Posts
The “off” button on my Vortex Sparc stopped working - have to remove the battery in order to shut it down. Didn’t realize they have a lifetime warranty - guess I’ll have to put that to the test.

·
Registered
614 Posts
@azngotskills , What charachteristics of the Holosun do you prefer over the Vortex? I own vortex at the moment, but am strongly considering Holosun moving forward.

Thanks
I had a Vortex Sparc on an AR15 build so wanted to try the Holosun. The Holosun was more clear and crisp, auto on feature, and more battery life. They both do the job well, I am not a hard user but just prefer the Holosun. Not sure if that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.