1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked one up still NIB. The Super Target was available with a 5" or 6" barrel. This being the latter. Built in 2012, so new old stock...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Swiss P210's and have several. I also love the German Mastershop pistols, so the P210 Super Target is a winner, in my opinion. This isn't my first P210 Legend, but its my first Super Target. They are a good bit different than the Swiss models in terms of feel and character, but they're great pistols in their own right. The Super Target is machined from solid stainless steel billets and then finished in Nitron. I'm not a big stainless fan, but it works for the Mastershop.

Who else has one of these?

Enjoy the pics...

Here it is with the rest of my Sig Sauer Mastershop pistols.

Left to right: P229 Sport, X-Five Short & Smart, X-Five L1, P226 Sport, P220 Sport, P210 Super Target

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Just picked one up still NIB. The Super Target was available with a 5" or 6" barrel. This being the latter. Built in 2012, so new old stock...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Swiss P210's and have several. I also love the German Mastershop pistols, so the P210 Super Target is a winner, in my opinion. This isn't my first P210 Legend, but its my first Super Target. They are a good bit different than the Swiss models in terms of feel and character, but they're great pistols in their own right. The Super Target is machined from solid stainless steel billets and then finished in Nitron. I'm not a big stainless fan, but it works for the Mastershop.

Who else has one of these?

Enjoy the pics...

Here it is with the rest of my Sig Sauer Mastershop pistols.

Left to right: P229 Sport, X-Five Short & Smart, X-Five L1, P226 Sport, P220 Sport, P210 Super Target

Can you do a range report. I’m really interested in how it shoots and congratulations on your new addition. Very nice collection.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
That's cool! I've got the new standard version and the trigger is amazing. It's actually a little to light for my liking but it's just a range gun so it's fine. First time I shot it right after one of my 1911's I sent an unintentional round down range just bringing my finger up against the pressure wall. I was on target and it did hit paper but I wasn't expecting it. Yikes!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you do a range report. I’m really interested in how it shoots and congratulations on your new addition. Very nice collection.
Its one of the best shooting pistols I own. In fact, I just bought 5" Super Target Silver to go with it.

The old Swiss P210's are hard to beat in terms of sheer quality, but I prefer the German Super target as a shooter.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cool! I've got the new standard version and the trigger is amazing. It's actually a little to light for my liking but it's just a range gun so it's fine. First time I shot it right after one of my 1911's I sent an unintentional round down range just bringing my finger up against the pressure wall. I was on target and it did hit paper but I wasn't expecting it. Yikes!
The American version is a bit different.

However I have shot them and they offer great performance for less than a third of the price.

That being said, if you can swing it, I highly recommend one of these Mastershop models. You’ll readily understand why they cost what they do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could not find much on how these Master Shop pistols were made so went straight to the source.

We use hammerforged blanks for the grips and cold drawn steel profiles for the slide, both made of stainless steel. Our barrels are made of case hardening steel and the internal profile is hammerforged. All parts are CNC machined, assembly and adjustment is done by hand.

Polishing of the P210 Midnight is done manually and afterwards it receives a DLC coating which finally makes the difference between Midnight and other versions.

With kind regards

Tobias Werner
Entwicklung / Mastershop - Ausbilder

So I'm saying no mim parts in these guns. The one I have is very accurate. I wanted a modern Target pistol made out of the best parts and hand fitted. I also like the DLC finish. I had no use for a clapped out 50 year old service pistol.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
bac, do you purchase these and then find an importer or do you use someone like Margie, at MMBI?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Nice guns. I prefer the looks of the 6” but I love to have either. Only reason I haven’t pursued this gun is the single stack limited capacity magazine. It would be amazing if SIg would release these in a double stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.