1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son got me some Fin Feather Fur gift cards for my birthday and Christmas so I’ve been wanting a Sig P365 and I stopped after work. They had four versions P365, P365 w/safety, P365 SAS and the P365XL after fondling them for a while I decided to go with the XL version.

Just holding the standard size model was causing hot spots on my “your number one” finger! The XL had none of that and fits very nicely. I’m excited to give this one a try. It also has a optics plate that can be removed to add a optic of your choice. I think the Sig optic (Romeo?) has very high ratings, might have to look at adding one. I’ve never had an optic on a pistol.

we were playing with all the magazines and I thought they both used the same 12 and 15 round mags but they did not interchange on the floor models. I’ve got to check into that more, either way they’re expensive and I’ll need a couple more. I never have a pistol with one of two mags.

Anyway that’s what I did this afternoon.
Gun Firearm Trigger White Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
You’re gonna love it! Mine goes everywhere with me now, even if it’s not my primary carry for the day.

The Sig optic you’re looking for is the Romeo Zero. There’s a few out but they are hard to come by.

It’ll also fit the Shield RMSc, also hard to find right now.

·
Never Forget
9,818 Posts
You’re gonna love it! Mine goes everywhere with me now, even if it’s not my primary carry for the day.

The Sig optic you’re looking for is the Romeo Zero. There’s a few out but they are hard to come by.

I saw you post something about not shooting one if you didn't want to fall in lust. I haven't seen one in person as of today. I am afraid to do so even though I'm not a Sig fangirl.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
Wow Mister Bob someone had a very very very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, 3 in one wk... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy though seriously happy for you.. and Envious. If I can just get the new DWX this year I'll be tickled Pink..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
I yak
Son got me some Fin Feather Fur gift cards for my birthday and Christmas so I’ve been wanting a Sig P365 and I stopped after work. They had four versions P365, P365 w/safety, P365 SAS and the P365XL after fondling them for a while I decided to go with the XL version.

Just holding the standard size model was causing hot spots on my “your number one” finger! The XL had none of that and fits very nicely. I’m excited to give this one a try. It also has a optics plate that can be removed to add a optic of your choice. I think the Sig optic (Romeo?) has very high ratings, might have to look at adding one. I’ve never had an optic on a pistol.

we were playing with all the magazines and I thought they both used the same 12 and 15 round mags but they did not interchange on the floor models. I’ve got to check into that more, either way they’re expensive and I’ll need a couple more. I never have a pistol with one of two mags.

Anyway that’s what I did this afternoon.
View attachment 386339
I take it the XL is extra Large, or extra long. Lol

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I saw you post something about not shooting one if you didn't want to fall in lust. I haven't seen one in person as of today. I am afraid to do so even though I'm not a Sig fangirl.
For 9mm, I’m really liking the P320 and P365XL. They have had their issues, I know - but I’ve had a great experience with them.

Next in line for me is the 320 M18. I ordered the holster for it yesterday, and sourced the DeltaPoint Pro today. Now I just need to order the gun. Lol

·
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For 9mm, I’m really liking the P320 and P365XL. They have had their issues, I know - but I’ve had a great experience with them.

Next in line for me is the 320 M18. I ordered the holster for it yesterday, and sourced the DeltaPoint Pro today. Now I just need to order the gun. Lol
I do that to, buy the accessories before I have the gun. Makes me buy the gun even if I’m having second thoughts.
My EDC X9 that I picked up yesterday already had a holster waiting for it. I almost bought mags a couple times when they were offered but didn’t, fortunately our buddy dukesaprano took care of me today and set me up with plenty.
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Just needs me some cherry grips for it and we’ll be all good there I think.

Now when the Ed Brown Kobra shows up next Wednesday or Thursday I’ll see if I need anything for that one!

·
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I see that the Zero is available in a 3 & 6 moa sight picture. Like I said I’m new to the idea of optics and I respect your opinion. What would be your thoughts on which one to choose considering this is intended to be my carry or bug gun?! Thoughts on pros and cons are welcome.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I see that the Zero is available in a 3 & 6 moa sight picture. Like I said I’m new to the idea of optics and I respect your opinion. What would be your thoughts on which one to choose considering this is intended to be my carry or bug gun?! Thoughts on pros and cons are welcome.
I won’t lie to you and say I have a ton of time behind a dot, because I just don’t. I’m really wanting to spend this year completely behind a dot, when I can. My preference would be a smaller dot. On the Romeo Zero, I’m gonna go with a 3 MOA - once I find one available to throw on my P365XL.

Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics is a great source, if you’re wanting to start working with a dot.

·
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I won’t lie to you and say I have a ton of time behind a dot, because I just don’t. I’m really wanting to spend this year completely behind a dot, when I can. My preference would be a smaller dot. On the Romeo Zero, I’m gonna go with a 3 MOA - once I find one available to throw on my P365XL.

Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics is a great source, if you’re wanting to start working with a dot.

Awesome, thanks!

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Ive been tempted by both models; original and the XL with that flat trigger. If you could have only one and red dots were not an issue, which would you users chooser:

original P365 or the XL version?

By the way, glad to see other people give into temptation (I'm fighting it hard on another gun issue right now) and that others sometimes buy accessories....before the gun.....

·
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Screw it I just ordered a 3moa for it, you only live once correct!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
original P365 or the XL version?
Definitely the XL unless you really want and need the smaller 365.
The 365 and the XL have the same trigger pull (a bit spongy) just different shapes.
The trigger on the SAS model feels a little better.

It’s my understanding that the XL does not have the striker drag issue that the P365 does... which seems to be a slide speed issue.

If you go with the non-XL P365, I’d recommend replacing the firing pin assembly every 500 rounds... it’s just $30 on the SIG website. Easy install.

The best accessory or the P365 is the SIG branded hard holster made by Blackpoint. The gun just disappears for concealment.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just picked up a P365 XL today, and I'm pretty excited to put it to work. The magazines were a beast to load! Hopefully they settle in after a few days of being loaded.

Lol where’d you find it at?
@Jollyroger1
OpticsPlanet has both in stock. (If you're still looking)

Reactions: Jollyroger1
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.