Sight Dilemma

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm a having Nighthawk build me a T4, pretty customized with things like a DLC slide over a SS frame and they are even going to delete the T4 carry cut on the slide. Double landing eagle logo at the rear of slide on both sides, etc

The one issue I have run into was their sight choices. I'm not a fan of straight 8 sight pictures and they really only carry those and plain rear battle sights. This led me to getting my own sights.

The HD night site I really wanted (Ameriglo yellow) are available but only with that one hand, emergency cocking ledge. I like a smooth, low profile, two-dot rear sight. That led me to a Truglo offering that is pretty good but it's not the yellow HD front sight I wanted.

Ugh, what says the addicts ? I included some pictures including how nicely the low profile sight blends on my Dan Wesson CBOB. I'm leaning Truglo as I'm not a fan of the serrated rear if sight on the Ameriglo's considering the rear of my slide will be checkered.

1.jpg View attachment 264185 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    View attachment 264209 Ed Browns. rear sight is pretty nice. I got one in a while back and tbh was really impressed with it. I have come to love a blacked out rear u notch and a orange HD trijicon.. Like I put on the Colt Sleeper. Of course the rear sight on this is a retro u notch, but Harrsions has the rear novak ledged U notch in .350 or .325 standard height. This is one of the best sight combo's I have come across thus far especially for poa-poi sight pictures.. The front sight is outstanding and the u notch just adds to being able to focus solely on the front sight when doing follow up shots.

3. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    This is Ed Brown's Tactical Rear U notch.. [​IMG]

ZArugby likes this.
  4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    This still has that ledge OP is trying to avoid.
    Doesn't NHC carry a Heinie SlantPro with trit inserts? You could have them mill it out for a Heinie instead of a Novak.
    Also, I moved away from the trit rear sights to all black and shoot far better that way. You'd be surprised just how much easier it is to concentrate on the front sight when the rear is all blacked. Try it on another gun and see if it works for you- you may switch as well.
    Finally, you could take the leap and have them do a IOS setup for you. Since it's a new build, they will do this for you. May add some time to the wait, but who cares.

FWoo45, gps man and Steve Owens like this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    IC I didn't realize he was trying to avoid that. But, you're right they have a slant pro, just put one on an A2 cmdr.. I think that IOS is kick ass, but would be a bit much on a T4 I think.. I definitely could see a go at a 5" gun, but not sure about a 4 or smaller.

6. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'm not really any help with what you've outlined. I like blacked out fixed rear sights. This is my current fav.
    20190412_221123.jpg

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  7. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, the all black rears are all the rage, I'm not sure why I'm hooked on a 2-dot rear :o.o:

FWoo45 and Steve Owens like this.
  8. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
  9. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    While not related to the OP, in typical addicts derail form, I see your IOS and raise you CCP RDMS.
    20190402_162039.jpg

azpoolguy likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted