Sights for Browning 1911 22

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by pcso13, Dec 6, 2018.

1. pcso13

pcso13 Happiness is a range in your backyard

Nov 25, 2018
    Was at the local crack dealer (Gun Store) and SWMBO (She Who Must BE Obeyed - aka the wife) decided she needed a little Browning 1911 22 they had. Emphasis on "had", because now I have it.

Looks like a nice little gun but the sights are not so good. Any suggestions on improving them or is there anyone that makes a replacement for them? Looked on the internet but couldn't find much.

Thanks!

View attachment 186341

2. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Browning does for the more fancier models of this gun, but with different sight cuts. Have you tried calling them yet?

3. pcso13

Nov 25, 2018
    Just picked it up today, but I'll give em a call and see what they can tell me. Looks like the back sights could be replaced without too much trouble, but the front sight I'm afraid will be beyond my ability. From what I've been able to find out so far, the sights on the other models of this gun will not fit because it has a different slide. And I think the only difference is the front sight is staked on and has to be punched out from the underside of the slide on mine.

Thought about putting something on the front sight - nail polish or similar. Just don't know if this would be advisable. Or if it would even work well.

4. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Yeah, one off guns like this one are tough to customize. Because of that I spent the extra $ upfront on mine to get the better sights.

[​IMG]

pcso13 likes this.
  5. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    If it is the same Browning I have the are about 2/3 scale of a real 1911 and I haven't seen any upgrade parts for them.

[​IMG]

Years ago I made many Bows in that Plant.....Flippin Fiberglass.

Karsten

pcso13 likes this.
  6. pcso13

Nov 25, 2018

Nice! :thumbs:

Kind of wish I had now.

Showing my ignorance, first time I've run across one with sights that difficult to find/change.

Oh well, you know what they say about hindsight..............

gun_fan111 likes this.
  7. BloodyBill

BloodyBill Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 1, 2017
    I had a Browning .22 with the same problem. I painted the front sight with White-Out and it helped. Never got beyond that, I met someone who wanted more than I did.

pcso13 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted