Sights -Les Baer

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Don Locke, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Don Locke

Don Locke Active Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Not very happy with factory sights,for the range, shooting targets.Read many articles,gold or brass bead,the trijicon, which I think are night and day sights.To stir the pot,I am 74 and eyes are getting weak.What have you guys purchased and used, and what are you happy with.Thanks

2. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Dawson fiber optic or white ball from Lou at BEC. Great for all applications.

TheCollector likes this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Check out white balls

7-21.jpg

4. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    I have Tritium night sights, gold bead, an front fiber optics. I'm not a big fan of night sights. On nice clear sunny days the gold bead is my favorite. If I were to have to pick only one it would be a green fiber optic front with a flat black rear.

Dawson does make nice sights.

Oldgunner likes this.
  5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    I like the guns I've done with fiber optic fronts. I also shoot with glasses that are about 1/2 the power of my reading glasses -- targets a little blurry but the sights are crisp. Send the slide into Baer, they have fiber optic front they'll install.

I also have a custom gun with a Yost gold line sight that I can pick up very quickly in most light situations.

Dave Jessee likes this.
  6. Renegade4006

Renegade4006 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2018
    azguy1911, I like that White Ball front sight. Did a quick google search on them and found another thread that says they come from Rogers Precision?? Is this correct??

7. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    BEC, Rogers and others do the white ball sight. It is my favorite sight. I can pick it up easier than any other in all light conditions.

william adams and Don Locke like this.
  8. Don Locke

Don Locke Active Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Any particular place you buy it.

william adams likes this.
  9. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Well, if you can get one from Rogers or BEC, I'd go that way. At one point only available on their builds. If that's still the situation, XS sights makes a huge polymer white ball front sight. I've got one, or should say had one- sold the pistol, but it worked better than good. In bright daylight the fiber optics are just too bright for me, love gold dot or gold line but gold is spendy. Naw on the night sights, I'm over that. I prefer the white ball or old standard white dot, freshened as needed with finger nail polish

10. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I like the Novak Mega Dot on my Baer, along with the 10-8 U notch in the rear.

11. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

I have a Jardine tactical hook rear & gold bead front in my Baer and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Email Lou and he can probably hook you up.

13. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    8CAC76D9-F904-4B25-BA00-5B48306C2152.jpeg 10E40BF5-8839-42D4-92C8-54ABFB7C291F.jpeg View attachment 196549 D8696838-B84B-42E7-950A-37238F103EC7.jpeg 86AC3EB3-B223-4258-BD65-CF515A5BE03D.jpeg I can shoot well with a fiber optic front and black rear. I like Dawson FO sights because the fiber is small and they have a zillion choices of heights and widths. However, I shoot pistols with optics much better and have them on most of my guns now.

Whiten likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted