Sigs out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mythree, Jan 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Looks like Sigs QC has caught up to them Massachusetts State Police has dumped them for the striker fired S&W M&P's in .45acp ... Sig has lost a huge amount of accounts with LEO agencies in the past 5 years.:nod::eek:

2. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    You have a news link? I'd be interested in reading and learning more...

3. Siggyboy

Siggyboy Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Instead of concentrating on quality like they did in Europe, Sigarms have been concentrating on stupid gimmicks and rushing crappy handguns to market. This is likely connected to new management (Cohen) brought over from Kimber. Their reputation also took a hit with some big QC issues in early 556 rifles they released. While they are getting better with their rifles, Sig's good name is already no longer what it was.

Also, Sig does not have any striker fired handguns and I could imagine that agencies might want to switch to a more modern striker fired weapon system.

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    When someone switches from a gun that runs about 700~900 to a gun that retails less than 500, first thing I would think of is the QC as well. Not the fact that it is cheaper, less complicated, and holds more rounds.

Not saying they are as good as they used to be, I just doubt QC is the reason for a switch.

5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    My shop had a MINT P220 SA Elite Carry come into the store for a trade on a FN.

I took the pistol down,and found a massive amount of galling on the frame rails.The owner claimed he had shot only 150 rds through the gun

If a pistol galls as badly as this one did in 150 rds of use(it did look like it was run dry),I would venture the alloy used in the frame was not of a decent quality
    .Needless to say,we declined the trade.

No more new SIGS for me !:puke:

DAT85

6. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    This

7. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    I doubt - I doubt - I doubt - lol... - OK then ...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/126619-MSP-transitioning-to-M-amp-P45

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-local-Depts?p=1819281&highlight=#post1819281

offshore suppliers have been in use with Sig for a very long time...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  8. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I would guess it was run dry or not lubed right. I noticed on my last two Sigs from the factory they have a light oil on them, but not grease like they even recommend. I will also say that on my P226 it had a high spot in one part of the frame that smoothed from firing a few times, but it never effected anything. My old P225 actually had the same thing, so I think of it as more of a Sig issue than new or old Sig. Some are just worse than others, one reason I am not a super fan of Aluminum frame ANYTHING. I always have a love hate relationship with Sig, I really like the style and the feel.. but can normally not shoot them for crap.

I think overall the Sig and Beretta systems of DA/SA or even the DAK can not compete against a Glock/M&P for ease of use. As you read some of the links that even plays out. If you do not train a lot with a DA/SA or DAK you will not be accurate.. at all. The Striker fired guns are just better issue guns, no question at all. Plus Smith and Glock do a lot for PDs to get them to switch and take care of them after, as it helps boost sales. Sig nor HK do this at all.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted