1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...over the past few month's we have had a deluge at my Agency of folks coming in and getting Pistol Permit Application packages. We typically stock our Sergeants Desk with about 15 - 20 of them and I alone on my shifts can count at least 5 - 6 times we have run out (so about 100-120 applications).

With each person, we explain that the full instructions are printed on the first page of the application packages, and then give them an FYI that it will be alot longer than the normal 6 weeks, that it will be closer to 12 weeks or more due to restricted fingerprinting times (by appointment only), a backlog due to the high volume across our State (CT), and a shortage of personnel to handle these applications at the State level (..long story/rant for another time).

Almost EVERY time the response has been "WHAT! What do you mean it'll take that long? What do you mean I have to be fingerprinted? What do you mean I can't get it because of something in my past?....THIS IS AN INFRINGEMENT OF MY 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS!"

Now I don't know if these folks are Democrats, Republicans, or what....I'd like to think, based on their reactions, they are Dem's (I like to believe most Republicans are pro 2-A and familiar with our struggles)....but either way I'm thinking we are now growing our ranks of gun owners and supporters of the 2nd Amendment as more and more go through the process of getting their permits and having to deal with the absurd laws and restrictions....and maybe will be unknowingly growing our ranks to combat the ever increasing absurd laws and restrictions......a Silver Lining??

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
What did Clint Smith say? Liberals are just a punch in the face away from becoming gun owners. I guess Government mandated lockdowns and a collapsing ecomony is that punch in the face.

As a side note, I think a lot of people are also looking at preppers in a whole new light.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm going with the Silver Lining!
Going to stay positive even with the 30 day Furlough, my company just instituted.
Really not their fault, stupidity of Gov Coumo, AKA Comrade Coumo, LibTard!!!!

OK, stay positive, stay positive, stay positive. I'm OK now! LOL

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,471 Posts
Zip,I see a ton of them posting on the CCDL site. First thought is "You shoulda thought ahead...."
Thing is,these people are scared,and now a bit angry finding they've been lied to by their colleagues. If we can sway even just 10% to our side,the other side loses 10%...and these people speak fluent lib. A plus dealing with "policy-makers". I see it as a win!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd also like to believe that all these new gun owners will now understand the good that comes from regular, law-abiding people being responsible for themselves and the community...

But I'm afraid a lot of them will be the "protection for me, but not for thee" crowd. You know, those who believe that they are enlightened, responsible, skilled, and safe gun owners- but the rest of us are unwashed ignorant rubes who can't be trusted around a paring knife.

Had that debate with my dad yesterday. He's a lifelong gun owner, taught me about the massive responsibility that comes with owning and carrying a weapon. But unfortunately these days he only watches MSNBC and gets caught up in the "Conservatives and others who disagree with you are stupid and subhuman" hatred. He was expressing concern that the general population was buying all the guns and ammo. "All these yahoos will be armed!"
I said, "First, the yahoos are already armed. They have stolen guns, and always will. Second, aren't you gunning up too? I am. Most of us out in the world are good people, and we SHOULD be armed. What makes you and me special?"

But I digress. Maybe a massive increase in new gun owners and NO corresponding increase in violent crime will help convince people. Oh, wait. That already happened.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They’re mad at 12 weeks? I’m on Long Island NY across the sound from you. Pretty sure even before this corona panic the pistol license wait time was down to 9 months or so ( just to purchase and go to the range. No ccw here). It had been 18 months at one point from all the panic applicants who thought Hillary was a definite win in 16. Around here, Republicans are just as anti gun and ignorant of what you do to buy a gun as most Dems. On my local forum, a gun store owner was telling some stories from this week about people he had to decline sales to. I don’t think there’s a silver lining honestly. Once this is done, people have a short memory. Most of these lessons were already taught by Hurricane Sandy.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Almost EVERY time the response has been "WHAT! THIS IS AN INFRINGEMENT OF MY 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS!"
We need to welcome these new members of the Conservative party . . .

I had one fellow at work ask me just yesterday if I had any .380 ACP that I could sell him. He just bought his first gun, a Glock 42 or something.

I'll look to see what I have. I don't have many guns chambered in .380.

What did Clint Smith say? Liberals are just a punch in the face away from becoming gun owners. I guess Government mandated lockdowns and a collapsing ecomony is that punch in the face.

As a side note, I think a lot of people are also looking at preppers in a whole new light.
Troof . . .

·
Known Agitator
2,927 Posts
I bet at least a few of them will become pro 2A, and some of the others will not be as anti gun as they were before. Should be a win for us. I think a lot of folks are anti gun because they don't know anything about them but what the media and politicians tell them. And we know how little most politicians know about guns...

·
I wanna go fast!
183 Posts
The guy who got me into competitive shooting was a California liberal until he tried to buy a gun there. He is a big 2A supporter now. I think that most people who are indifferent to guns don’t realize that there are all the BS restrictions until they want one. Then when they experience the draconian regulations they come to our side. New gun owners are the key to growing 2A support.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...i agree...some of them will be short lived supporters...but I am hopeful that man will now "see the light" with regards to ridiculous gun laws....

@Kip...DUDE! You should SEE some of the folks coming in for applications! SCARY!....can't wait to see the reaction when one of these idiots come into HQ holding a loaded gun only to ask how to unload it or clear a jam! LOL...THAT will be something!

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
My few trips to the gun stores over the last couple weeks (mostly to people watch) have convinced me that they (liberals) really have absolutely no clue for the most part and have never thought anything other than “guns are evil” until now!

So I’m with the silver lining group and hoping this changes done of their thought processes.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah...i agree...some of them will be short lived supporters...but I am hopeful that man will now "see the light" with regards to ridiculous gun laws....

@Kip...DUDE! You should SEE some of the folks coming in for applications! SCARY!....can't wait to see the reaction when one of these idiots come into HQ holding a loaded gun only to ask how to unload it or clear a jam! LOL...THAT will be something!
I’ve been thinking that we’ll start seeing a lot more accidental discharges. Reminds me of my boss at work. His wife would never let him have a gun so as soon as he got divorced he immediately bought one. Got his self a Sig P938. Two weeks later he put a round into his brand new mattress while attempting to unload the gun.

Reactions: Kip and zipper046

·
9,776 Posts
I’ve been thinking that we’ll start seeing a lot more accidental discharges. Reminds me of my boss at work. His wife would never let him have a gun so as soon as he got divorced he immediately bought one. Got his self a Sig P938. Two weeks later he put a round into his brand new mattress while attempting to unload the gun.
I can see that there might be a small increase in NDs but it won’t be the “end of the world” as I keep seeing some proclaim. Hear it every time there’s a huge uptick in purchases by new owners but never amounts to a damn thing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I can see that there might be a small increase in NDs but it won’t be the “end of the world” as I keep seeing some proclaim. Hear it every time there’s a huge uptick in purchases by new owners but never amounts to a damn thing.
I don’t think it will be the end of the world but when you see a perspective gun buyer at your LGS looking at a gun and the only way they will hold it is like this (sitting around the house in my sweat pants and that’s the only gun I have on me) you know there’s going to be a few accidents.
FFE14C7F-C5F3-4447-AF79-6EFB21311A1A.jpeg

·
9,776 Posts
I don’t think it will be the end of the world but when you see a perspective gun buyer at your LGS looking at a gun and the only way they will hold it is like this (sitting around the house in my sweat pants and that’s the only gun I have on me) you know there’s going to be a few accidents. View attachment 442811
Looks like that bad boy needs a good cleaning :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Looks like that bad boy needs a good cleaning :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
Yeah, I realized that my self looking at the pic! Just realized I haven’t had my pajama gun out of the holster since I don’t know when. To the gun table I go.

Reactions: FWoo45 and Kip

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I bet at least a few of them will become pro 2A, and some of the others will not be as anti gun as they were before. Should be a win for us. I think a lot of folks are anti gun because they don't know anything about them but what the media and politicians tell them. And we know how little most politicians know about guns...
You're right on. It was my position also many years ago, it wasn't until I went out and tried it that I finally saw the light. A lot of people don't grow up around guns and are told they are bad.

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,471 Posts

I can see it now..."How do I unload this gu...BLAM!"
Headlines read "Police Dept. orders extra mops and sponges"
Local section "Police still claim no info on missing man..." :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts