1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Deo Volente
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to sell my tuned up Ruger Vaqureros and my Gary Reeder Vaqueros years ago and I keep looking at that beautiful gun belt in the closet that is bereft of pistols. Oh, the tragedy!

Now I am looking at a pair of Cimmaron Custom Eliminator 8, 4 3/4" 357/38SP

Any comments? I figure a pair of these with custom touches will run around $2000. I would love a pair of Colts, but I would feel guilty about shooting them at $4000-6000. Plus the fact that I would probably die or Jesus would return before I got the Colts! :eek::oops::rolleyes::D

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
No experience with Cimmaron, but the Ubertis get great reviews from the CASS and SASS members. They supposed to be identical to 1873s, while Rugers, obviously, are not.

Been a LOT of Colt 1873s for sale locally here in the Bitterroot Valley, just haven't jumped for one….yet. Prices seem to have dropped a bit. A shooter grade, blued, 5.5" in 357/38 without box sold for $825, that I could handle. Most of the ones for sale have the zip-tie around the action insuring the prospective buyer it it unshot, and with box they are $1495. I just can't justify that and then, of course, I would snip the tie and immediately go to the woods.

Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice looking.

I let a collection of first edition SAA's get away from me during financial hardships quite some time ago. Sigh. :(

·
Deo Volente
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking.

I let a collection of first edition SAA's get away from me during financial hardships quite some time ago. Sigh. :(
My condolences on that misfortune! :( Years ago when I had more dollars than sense I almost bought a pair of Colts through SASS, But balked at the $2200.00 price tag for the pair! o_O

·
Deo Volente
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No experience with Cimmaron, but the Ubertis get great reviews from the CASS and SASS members. They supposed to be identical to 1873s, while Rugers, obviously, are not.

Been a LOT of Colt 1873s for sale locally here in the Bitterroot Valley, just haven't jumped for one….yet. Prices seem to have dropped a bit. A shooter grade, blued, 5.5" in 357/38 without box sold for $825, that I could handle. Most of the ones for sale have the zip-tie around the action insuring the prospective buyer it it unshot, and with box they are $1495. I just can't justify that and then, of course, I would snip the tie and immediately go to the woods.

Good luck with your decision
Uberti makes the Cimmaron pistols and these ones come tuned up with some special features. They are supposed to be competition ready which is beyond my skill set. I am definitely more of a 1911 shooter, but I watched "Holy Terror" a 14 year old girl ROCK her single actions like they were 1911's! :)

Reactions: 41 Charlie
1 - 15 of 15 Posts