Single safety for Tactical

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by firecatwilson, Feb 23, 2019.

1. firecatwilson

firecatwilson Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm searching for a single sided safety for my 2018 Tactical. Since there are so many options, Brown, Wilson, Harrison, of course STI, etc., I thought I'd ask and see what you guys like and why.

I'm leaning towards a factory STI or Wilson Tactical, but would like to hear other opinions/options as well. Looking for something needing little to no fitting. Blued or preferably black.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    I use a Les Baer single sided wide safety for my carry guns ,
    Hard to miss when the adrenaline is flowing plus it provides a great thumb rest .

firecatwilson and 41 Charlie like this.

3. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Ed Brown provides a wide single side safety I’ve used for the same reasons as tac45 stated above. Provides a nice thumb rest. Plenty of options, whatever you decide will probably take a little fitting. Make it yours, FCW!

firecatwilson and tac45 like this.
  4. firecatwilson

firecatwilson Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I'll look into those both. I've had a Brown (not wide) in the past as well and liked it.

41 Charlie likes this.
  5. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    I’d post a picture of my Les Baer Stinger with the wide Ed Brown thumb safety, but the forum is having some technical difficulties with uploading pictures. I’ll try to follow up, when they get things fixed. Enjoy your day!

firecatwilson and cfl4rat like this.
  6. shootin-blanks

shootin-blanks Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I like the Ed Brown or EGW HD Thumb Safety Machined from Barstock