·
Registered
6,565 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good suggestions!

I've handled a Rami and it felt too small for my Gorilla hands. pulling up specs on guns listed now :)

·
NRA Life Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stacking up my current PX4 to the P220c, P239, XD-E 3.3 and the P30SK (ringer)

It seems the P30sk is leading the pack in every dimension except width. Cant recall ever handling one of these but need to get hands on the Springfield and the HK. I previously owned a P239 and sold it but maybe was foolish in doing so? P220c is intriguing but doubt i'll find one sitting on any shelves in the area.

XD-E still seems to be leading the pack just slightly (in my mind at least)

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,925 Posts
Reactions: dgi and gps man

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Sig P225 always a good choice , P239 , P220 . Lots of good choices out there .
The 239 is a great gun, have one myself - least for now, moving away from DA / SA.

Reactions: sparkyfender

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Been listed already but the 220, 220 carry, 220 compact & the 245.
The 245 predates the 220compact with the folded slide and internal extractor.
Third gen Smith’s are sweet, one not listed the 4040pd, or any of the CS models

If you seriously look P30sk I’d highly recommend the V1 trigger (light Lem) nice thing with p30sk they accept USPc mags and p30 mags there’s a vendor on EBay that sells spacers that go over the p30 full size mags that fit snug with no movement and flawless seams. The uspc mags use a xgrip style spacer filler.

The S&W 39-2 pictured above, great guns, Just a thought if you look towards any of the S&W semi autos no longer supported by Smith you may seek a second or third for parts guns some parts are getting scarce.

Here’s a Sig 245, back in the day I lusted after one of these 2-tones, when one showed up locally and sat and sat for months I just had to re home it. There’s a nice 220 carry in the classifieds
D4C614A5-1316-499F-BDDD-D2C5EE9EEB78.jpeg

·
Registered
375 Posts
My EDC is a Smith 3913. Weighs in at around 23 ounces empty. I bought and started carrying it after owning (and shooting) a Smith 39-2 for over 30 years. I'm biased toward S&W.
IMG_1135_kindlephoto-1147606436.jpg
IMG_1134_kindlephoto-1147641065.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
For what your asking a P239 used is hard to beat. Have has a 1st gen sas since they came out in 9 mm and still shoot it regularly. I also did like my wife’s PPS M1 a lot, reliable, accurate and slim but she sold it when she got her P365. An HK P7 is a nice pistol, but pricey.

·
NRA Life Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For what your asking a P239 used is hard to beat. Have has a 1st gen sas since they came out in 9 mm and still shoot it regularly. I also did like my wife’s PPS M1 a lot, reliable, accurate and slim but she sold it when she got her P365. An HK P7 is a nice pistol, but pricey.
I had multiple P7M8s in the past. Amazing pistols but only carried them around the house. Also the lip on the spare mags would snag on everything

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went through the same process of the ideal DA/SA carry and wanted a single stack and have landed on 3913. It was ahead of its time. Some say parts availability limits it’s ability to be a daily driver but I disagree, then buy 2. I added Dawson sights, reduce hammer spring and skateboard tape on the grips. Shoots like a duty size gun. I’ve had the Px4 LTT, HK p2000 and sold. Others that make their way in CC rotation including : a Burke P228, CGW PO1, Wilson centurion, Full size LTT and even a G43 with the gadget. 3913 has 9 rounds plus 8 with a spare mag AIWB carry depending on weather, clothing, etc. My CGW P01 is almost as thin as 3913 so that’s a good option. Also with the CZ RAAMI or P224 for me personally, the short double stack limited my ability to get a good draw. The P239 was about the same size and weight of the P228 so sold it. Good luck.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I really really dig my Beretta PX4cc by Langdon Tactical but i'm looking for something a little slimmer that will be carried around the house and when clothing requires it.

Top of my list right now is the LTT XD-E (https://www.langdontactical.com/springfield-armory-xd-e-langdon-tactical-edition-9mm/) but i'm open to other ideas.

9mm or 45 but must be DA/SA.

Thoughts?
That's a lot of coin for a plastic pocket rocket....don't like the idea of a safety.. KISS
I'll stick with my xds 3.3

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I know its not a single stack, but my favorite double stack is a Sig p229 Legacy style slide, non railed german frame. I had the 239 for a while, and the 229 is not much bigger. I prefer the wider grip.

always wanted a 220 carry. there is a nice one posted in the classified but I think its SA which doesn't help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts