1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be looking at reloading and wondering what single stage equipment / brand to compare . Just saw a ' how to ' using RCBS & seemed straight forward .

Only experience I've had is loading shot shells on a progressive machine .

... I know this is not a great time for obtaining materials but what the heck .. it's a long winter

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lee Challenger is the cheapest and fairly easy to set up and use. Their kits are worth the money for someone who doesn’t know if they will stick with it.

br informed that there are practically no primers of any type on the market now. Some 209 shotgun primers can be found but not much of anything else.

...Ron

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Depends on what you want out of your rifle ammo. For serious precision, get a Forster CoAx. Anything other than that, Rockchucker works ok. Mine is almost 50 years old, all it gets used for is neck expansion.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks , looks like another Challenging situation ! Primer shortage , no idea about powder [ i'm sure it's an issue ] - projectiles [ bullets ] ?/
Started looking for the RCBS - out of stock !!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thanks , looks like another Challenging situation ! Primer shortage , no idea about powder [ i'm sure it's an issue ] - projectiles [ bullets ] ?/
Started looking for the RCBS - out of stock !!
Go to the RCBS page, get on there Email list for notification when available, I got there turret press This way back a few months ago.

·
Banned
1,475 Posts
I bought a Lee Challenger Anniversary kit years ago on Ebay or from Midway and works great for rifle ammo.

Karsten

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,620 Posts
If you aren't planning to load rifle rounds larger than about the 223 then the RCBS Jr will work and has a shorter throw which can be nice at times. Mine does not quite have the leverage I want to do 308 and up. RCBS shell holders are the easiest to use that I have found.
Soon you'll be looking to build up your supply of all reloading components.
Best wishes

1 - 20 of 47 Posts