1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This company makes completely custom holsters. I like them because of the security of hard Kydex or Carbon Fiber (many color options) but WITH leather lining to prevent scratching.

They now specifically make holsters for Ed Brown EVO KC9 and all Wilson Combat models, in addition to many other brands.

https://skullcrush.com/
https://skullcrush.com/
Just ordered a holster for my Ed Brown.
Attached is a photo of the identical holster and mag set that I purchased for a SIG about a year ago.

Edit: My holster arrived with markings of both Skull Crush and Garrett (see below) so I assume that there is a manufacturing and/or other partnership between the brand names.

* I have no affiliation or financial benefit in recommending this company.

Brown Red Black Rectangle Grey

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Skull Crush holster wasn’t super tight on retention. Although I probably could have adjusted it a bit more. However, it was a good “drop in” holster to practice drawing at the range without wear on the firearm. I carried it as well, and it was fine as long as I wasn’t doing backflips. :grin:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just received my Skull Crush holster for my Ed Brown EVO KC9. Love the fit! It’s better than the one I had made for the X-Carry.

Leather lined to protect the finish. Safety covered. Adjustable for tension. Haven’t tried it on a belt yet. Height and cant is adjustable. Will report.

I just wish they didn’t stamp the logo on the leather... if I order again I’d put “No Logo” in comments. I can probably blend it out. Otherwise, I’m happy.

Light Black Rectangle Metal Wallet

Product Black Grey Material property Metal

Brown Product Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Black

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any suggestions on how to “flatten” or “erase” the logo? It looks like a stamp... although I’m not sure how the brownish color was created. The last time I did leatherwork was at Boy Scout Camp a loooong time ago!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hey Pilot,

I have a few Garrett holsters. You can “adjust” the fit to a degree if you trust yourself with a hair dryer in a few minutes. Just heat up the are that needs to be dialed in or out and heat it up. Slide the gun in and work it around a bit and let cool. If it up near the lip, a paint of needle nose pliers can help for fine tuning.

Ps. Nice looking gun and holster set up.

Reactions: Pilot Rich

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Any suggestions on how to “flatten” or “erase” the logo? It looks like a stamp... although I’m not sure how the brownish color was created. The last time I did leatherwork was at Boy Scout Camp a loooong time ago!
It does look like a stamp, so hammering the crap out of it to flatted it out is the only thing I can think of :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, it’s not a part needing “cushion” to protect the finish. It’s just the sweat shield over the safety. So even hard leather is fine there.

What makes the leather turn color? I remember stamping leather as a kid, but never using heat?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts