1911 Firearm Addicts banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,443 Posts
It's always best to be able to reassemble without any tools.
The slide stop mod is free,......how much did all those Pachmyar tools cost? $20<Free

·
The guy with the Camera
1,208 Posts
It's always best to be able to reassemble without any tools.
The slide stop mod is free,......how much did all those Pachmyar tools cost? $20<Free
$4.99 Each, I got them while I worked at Midway, so I got them at Cost Plus whatever, and I got them over Ten years ago. When you have several 1911's, it is a cheap tool to have!
I use it mostly for Thumb Safeties, I never have an issue with Slide Stops

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,015 Posts
I know Log was doing it in 2012. Maybe someone should go over to that forum and send him a PM for details.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,015 Posts
John Harrison did it in 2008 and probably earlier; same with Log. It is difficult to determine the originator of the technique, there are too many possibilities.

·
Dremel jockey
4,294 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Log Man was the first to actively promote the modification and illustrate it on a mainstream 1911 forum.

·
born in the wrong century
5,037 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Log Man was the first to actively promote the modification and illustrate it on a mainstream 1911 forum.

In the thread I've read on that other 1911 forum, Log Man took no credit for the idea.....just kindly passed it along to the rest of us.

It's a great mod.

Reactions: azpoolguy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great mod and it helps snap the Slide Stop into place.
It does not help an idiot from pushing the SS into the frame and trigger guard and pushing it up along the frame in an arc leaving the hideous scratch. What are people (the idiots) thinking?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
We have an expectation of people thinking before they act? Who knew!

Reactions: Uncle Bob

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I've always considered "The Mark" to be a right of passage, kind of like your first facial scar, bullet wound, or bris . . . . .

Idiot Scratch - 01.jpg

Idiot Scratch - 02.png

Idiot Scratch - 03.jpg

Idiot Scratch - 04.jpg

Idiot Scratch - 05.jpg

Idiot Scratch (big).jpg

Idiot Scratch of the Year (big).jpg

61 - 80 of 107 Posts