Small Primers on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by Whiten, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
  2. RSCamaro

RSCamaro Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    That's just stupid. 3-4 times the cost from a few months ago. There you go, supply and demand.

I think that I should put a couple of long guns on consignment at my regular range.

...Ron

3. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Yeah I’ve noticed, crazy indeed. Lots of folks trying to make money on components on GB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    If you need primers ,you have to check your regular sources daily . Early in the morning and late at night . I bought 5000 a couple weeks ago for $ 31.00 / 1000 plus shipping and hazmat . Combine that with some powder and a few misc. gun parts and it's business as usual .
    However , I'm ordering based on what I think I'll need 6 months from now as shipping has slowed significantly .
    Same on bullets.

Rick McC., Uncle Bob, Spokes and 3 others like this.
  5. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I've been doing what Mike said, taking my Harley out a couple of times a day maybe 3 days a week to some local gun shops and hunting stores. I've been able to get primers for about $23-$25 per 1000. Limit is one case of 1000 a day, but sometimes I bring my wife. One time we were driving by and checked a store they had small pistol primers, I had my wife and mom in the car. We left with 3000 primers for $76.

simonp, Whiten, Stentor and 3 others like this.
  6. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I'm the same, I buy local at $23/1000 with a 1000 limit per day. It just amazes me that people pay 4x as much plus hazmat & shipping.

7. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Unfortunately being in California pre pandemic & riot prices were $60/1,000 around here! Really hoping things settle down again & I can just order 10-20K from powder valley again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Those are impressive prices...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted