close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smith and Wesson 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by HotRoderX, Aug 28, 2011.

1. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I consider my self a huge fan of Smith and Wesson I love there revolvers there some of the nicest out there. I started looking at there 1911's and noticed ever single one of the newer ones has "This Gun Can Be Fired With Out The Magazine Inserted" Stamped on the side of the slide. I like clean slides and since I am looking to get into a higher 1911 and I am trying to keep a open mind even thought so far Dan Wesson is beating ever one out. I was wondering is there any way to get a Smith and Wesson 1911 with out the big warning posted on it cause its a huge turn off.

Also anyone own or shot a Smith and Wesson SW1911SC E-Series™ - Round Butt, with the Scandium Frame I am curious to how durable the frame would be. I am the kinda guy that wants to put 10k+ rounds thought his gun.

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    it's call a surface grinder. That will take off the marking.

3. Wilson kimber and kimber

Wilson kimber and kimber New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I surface ground ''Kimber off my slide ,it took .003'' of an inch so dykem up and barely touch for 1st pass , just barly dust 1st ( if u dont have dykem,use a black marker). your smith and wesson should be lighter.

4. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Very Good News I don't know why they have to add those billboard warnings to the side of the gun. Common since says to treat it as if its always loaded not just when it has a magazine in it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted