1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Can you mount red dot optic on it? My eyes and those “sights” would not play well together.
I’ll bet Karl could install a fiber optic front sight like the Model 65 in the pix.
That and the Model 66 were my constant companions over a 35 year period that ranged from the jungles of South America to the deserts of Turkmenistan. They are moon clipped not for speed of reloading but to ensure that a case would not get trapped under the extractor if a reload was needed. Not everything goes perfectly.
D400F1E4-0FBC-4C15-B0DA-18639D042738.jpeg

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've got to say anytime a really nice S&W 3" or 2 1/2" no lock come up for a fair price you gotta' jump on them. They just aren't making them like that any more. Actually any pre-lock pre-mim S&W at a fair price is a must buy at this point.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Completely missed this one. I was scrolling thru the thread and kinda knew I’d see that SPF before I got to the bottom. A little over 2 hours and I’m surprised it lasted that long.

I have a standard 3” 65 like this and a 3” 65 Ladysmith that are my 1+2 favorite revolvers. (The LS is also my daughter’s favorite. If I had nabbed this one it would have moved up the timeline to her getting the LS!)

Congrats to both the buyer and seller

1 - 12 of 12 Posts