1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK out of general curiosity of current snake shot available in various pistol calibers, for the all time great performance in 1911s, CCI 45acp is hands down the best so far. Yes it does cycle the pistol since it's a copy of the old USGI snake shot. There's more if anyone's interested.

Target on left is 5 feet, target on right is 10 feet out of a 5" 1911A1. Ignore the big holes, I just reused some targets that got hit by someone that couldn't shoot a group.

1603344997773.jpg

·
Premium Member
26,206 Posts
Very cool...... have never shot those for patterning

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,737 Posts
Huh, I’ve never seen that in 45acp I have some in 22mag and 38spcl from my dads stuff I acquired not to long ago.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, I’ve never seen that in 45acp I have some in 22mag and 38spcl from my dads stuff I acquired not to long ago.
Babbonbobo, been doing a bunch of calibers (sorry no 22s). The CCI 45acp is better then the 38 spl that I've carried in my Viper working around the property. I'm going back to carrying a 1911 around the yard. Copperheads scare me, rattlers don't. I grew up with them. I shot a Copperhead out of a tree by the house a year or two ago.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
^My experience as well.
The .4X calibers are much more effective than the .35X.

Reactions: Dub
1 - 7 of 7 Posts