Snakes in trees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by c.helm, Mar 9, 2012.

1. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Snake in trees 009.jpg

I see some of the most interesting things walking out in the back woods. I of course had the Stinger with me, I know it is a snake and squirrel killer. :nod:

I didn't kill this guy though, just let him be. I am watching out for flying snakes next though!!!

:eek:

2. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    dude i am always looking up into trees and thank goodness i haven't seen that yet.

I wouldn;t have shot it but I would have chucked several rocks and sticks at it while ready to scat if needed.

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Oh crap,.........I'm never going into the wooda again! EVR! :eek:

4. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Now that's funny:pound::rofl2:

5. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I figure it was looking for birds or squirrels? I've been told these black snakes keep away rattlers and mice/ rats.

I just happen to see him as I was standing there taking a leak on another tree.....

6. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    Dat's why ya only go to da woods dat don't have da trees, doncha know....:wave:

7. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    goods thing that wasn't a male snake looking for a mate...

or worse, a hungry snake that ate little worms

8. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Well then you wouldn't have been safe..... hahahhaha ;-)

Sorry that's the best I can reply with as far as quick wit goes....

9. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    :rofl2:

10. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I've seen them like that also. Looking for lunch or catching rays. Useful animals.

11. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    ^^^ Big time! We had a black snake that lived in and around our out-building when I was a kid, must have been 5 foot+. We kept all the chicken feed, etc. in there so we were glad to have him around in spite of him startling us a few times. He was usually either on the top rafters, or by the back wall where some plywood was stored. One day, we had some workers over, and a Mexican guy killed it. I only point out his heritage b/c one thing I learned from working construction -a Mexican will kill any snake of any kind or size on sight even if it is a major inconvenience to do so. But back to our out building, it was crawling with mice within a week! As many as you could set traps for, the damn things were everywhere. Before long, my next door neighbor showed up with a potato sack with another one he'd caught crossing the road. We turned it loose in the building, and it not only got rid of the mice quickly, but hung out in the same two places the last one had. That was over 30 years ago, and my dad doesn't keep chickens any more, but still finds snake skins in the building from time to time -but no mouse poop!

12. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Looks like something out of Predator,I'd have been safe and nuked it from orbit ! :lol:

DAT85

13. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I would have offed him.

14. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Well, at least it's not like the jumping spiders in the movie Big Fish. That scene cracked me up. :lol:

Andy

15. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Snakes don't bother me much but spiders ................

16. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83 Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I love snakes. Used to flip over tins and rocks to catch them. Copper heads almost done me in a few times in Maryland and PA.

17. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Only snakes I kill are copperheads. ALL them S.O.B.s look like copperheads to me though!

Bob

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted