1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in the Minneapolis area and having kids that have to travel downtown for business, I thought adding another snubbie to the family arsenal may be a good idea.
Asked a buddy if he would sell his 642 and we made a deal. As luck would have it, the gun came out of their PC Pro Series lineup and it was cut for moonclips and it had one of the best actions I have ever seen out of S&W. The gun had previously been fired five times.
Anxiously awaiting the lefties declaring it to be an assault weapon.

Registered
Ask me about faith...
It can be fired more than once?!?! You must be a monster!!! That thing could kill someone if you pointed it at them when they were just trying to harm you. That's unfair.!! Why if you are attacked by a gang of people, you could even kill more than one person?!?! This is definitely a mass shooters weapon and must be banned. For Shame sir! For shame!!
馃榿

Registered
Nice its already cut for moonclips. Fumbling with long, skinny rounds in a speedloader is awkward at best.
Congratulations. If they come for that , well, you know.......

Deo Volente
Very Nice!

Deo Volente
I bought a Colt King Cobra 2.5" last year that I have not had a chance to shoot. That along with the Freedom Arms 7.5" 454 Casul will be interesting to shoot. :O

Registered
Ask me about faith...
I bought a Colt King Cobra 2.5" last year that I have not had a chance to shoot. That along with the Freedom Arms 7.5" 454 Casul will be interesting to shoot. :O
Who needs feeling in their fingertips anyways? Being able to hold things is highly overrated I hear....馃榿

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

Premium Member
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I love smith revolvers and this one is a gem. You will enjoy it.

Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
Nice its already cut for moonclips. Fumbling with long, skinny rounds in a speedloader is awkward at best.
Congratulations. If they come for that , well, you know.......
Everyone needs at least one J frame snubby and the 642 is just about the perfect pocket gun. However, IME, .38spls or .357s in moonclips are even worse than speedloaders, the rounds fit tighter in a speed loader so they move less. Trying to load a snubby with moonclipped .38s is like trying to stuff a 5 legged spider in there. I like moonclips but they work best with short rounded cartridges like .45ACP and 9mm.

My most used snubby is my 360J Convertible, it was my BUG on the job, the perfect "Get the f**k off me" gun and still gets carried regularly. It's got a lot of miles on it and has been all over the country with me. Mark Hartshorne did a lot work on it for me back in 2008 including rechambering the original steel cylinder to 9x23 so it'll shoot 9mm, .38 Super, etc, and and I had him fit a titanium .38spl cylinder to it a few years later. If I'm carrying it with .38 cylinder I carry speed strips for my reloads.

Registered
Grabbed this S&W M360 last year brand new for cheap as a belly band jogging gun. Probably because it was going out of production. Got about a box of 38 and a very punishing box of 357 through it, then the 38 which I planned to mainly use completely disappeared from everywhere. I had only managed to get a few hundred rounds together. When 38 comes back I will take it out sometimes for short range speed drills to break up the monotony. Took the poop colored factory grips off and put on Hogues to bring recoil back down to a manageable level.

Excellent carry gun, feels like it鈥檚 not there. I can understand why Miculek and some other pros like J frames for one of their main Go-to EDCs.

Attachments

Registered
Everyone needs at least one J frame snubby and the 642 is just about the perfect pocket gun. However, IME, .38spls or .357s in moonclips are even worse than speedloaders, the rounds fit tighter in a speed loader so they move less. Trying to load a snubby with moonclipped .38s is like trying to stuff a 5 legged spider in there. I like moonclips but they work best with short rounded cartridges like .45ACP and 9mm.

My most used snubby is my 360J Convertible, it was my BUG on the job, the perfect "Get the f**k off me" gun and still gets carried regularly. It's got a lot of miles on it and has been all over the country with me. Mark Hartshorne did a lot work on it for me back in 2008 including rechambering the original steel cylinder to 9x23 so it'll shoot 9mm, .38 Super, etc, and and I had him fit a titanium .38spl cylinder to it a few years later. If I'm carrying it with .38 cylinder I carry speed strips for my reloads.
View attachment 722658

Great snubbie, lots of options. I like that. Agreed on the speedloaders, like 5 legged spiders, cracked me up.
Well done my friend.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts