close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

So this is how it starts.

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by JaPes, Sep 30, 2011.

1. JaPes

JaPes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    Swore I didn't need a 1911. Told myself I was perfectly happy with my polymer framed Glocks. Then I added a Beretta 92fs. Then I rented a Ruger SR1911, just to experience shooting a 1911. I shouldn't have done it. I need to add one 1911 to my little collection.

Every two or three days for the past three weeks, I've been to my LGS looking at every 1911 on display. Two sub $1K 1911's stood out: SA 1911 Range Officer & Ruger SR1911. I settled on the SR1911, put down my deposit, and am now on the waiting list for one. Finally, I'll have a 1911 in my small collection. All I need is one.

That was two days ago.

As I'm sitting here patiently waiting in my spot on the LGS waiting list, I'm looking at a 1911's in the $1000 - $1500 price range. :der:

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Your hooked now. Turn back now if you can. The force is strong and you will be addicted. Probably too late already. :Cry:

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It won't be long before you start calling Idaho for chats.. LOL.. Ron

4. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    It's to late for you. You are addicted and there is no rehab that will help you. You are doomed. :biggrin1:

5. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    You can't have just one! You will try and try, but you won't be able to resist!!!

Congrats on the SR1911. From what I hear you are gonna love it.

6. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
  7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    it's all down hill now! Congrats on seeing the light. :biggrin1:

8. Colt 45

Colt 45 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    It is actually a good thing. You were in denial, telling yourself you were happy with your Glocks. Now you can move on with your life. Resistance is futile.

Max

9. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcome: and congrats

10. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Another one bite the dust runs thru my mind...definitely past the point of no return, "Welcome To The Addiction" MUHhahahaha....:whoo:

Good luck on your choice btw!

11. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    That's great, welcome to the club. Ever since I bought my RIA, I've been looking at other 1911s as well. Problem isn't which of the many to choose from, but more of keeping yourself from wanting every single one you see.
    -Joel

12. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    It's no secret, I like the Ruger very much. You made a great choice for a first 1911 in my opinion. Now run, do not walk, run from the addiction or you will find yourself with more than one 1911. Trust me, I know these things. ;-)

13. TexasLeo

TexasLeo Member

Aug 20, 2011
    lol...started that way for me too. Now I have 5 1911s not counting the Guncrafter on order with Dave. 4 weeks down, 6 more to go...wooo hooo

14. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    You're screwed. Welcome to the club....and our little corner of the interwebz here. :thumb:

15. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    You might as well just accept the fact that you will be "1911 poor"for the rest of your days!

Next thing you know,you"ll be haunting GunBroker for your next "fix". :eek:

DAT85 :biggrin1:

16. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    First it was girls
    then beer
    then pot
    then guns
    then women
    etc...

the circle of life...

18. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Welcome to the club. I started with a used Springfield loaded, then moved on to a few Kimbers, now I have two Springfield TRP's and am looking at putting a deposit on a GI no name

19. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Started with one 30+ years ago....always had one or two in the collection besides the Randalls I was slowly picking up. Fast forward to 10-12 years ago - about 8 or 9 in the collection.

Today....50+ - and 2 more on the way.

You are toast, mah friend......toast!

20. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    :lol:

Welcome to the club! I thought about getting one for years before I finally committed. Quite happy I did. :thumb:

There's really nothing else quite like them.

Andy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted