1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

This next pic is the X9s for comparison. This was nicely done by another member on the TOS.
Photograph Light Product Trigger Line

So thought I might bring this discussion
that started on TOS over here since I haven't seen anything on this yet here.

After seeing this threadonTOS, I called WC about my X9S( or now renamed SFX9) build and had them change it to the 15 rounder. So basically this is their Professional model of the SFX9. This saved me some money since/ I was able to cancel the 10 round magazines and pinky extensions. And I already have the 15 round mags which are the same ones as the EDC. Plus they said that they haven't even been able to take pre orders from vendors since customers are Already in line almost 200 deep at this point.
Another reason to consider changing your build is the last pic in the article showed a streamlight TLR-7a mounted under the barrel. This light was not an option for the X9S rail. So not sure when they made that change but I'm glad they did.

·
Registered
227 Posts
View attachment 774741 View attachment 774743

This next pic is the X9s for comparison. This was nicely done by another member on the TOS. View attachment 774745

So thought I might bring this discussion
that started on TOS over here since I haven't seen anything on this yet here.

After seeing this threadonTOS, I called WC about my X9S( or now renamed SFX9) build and had them change it to the 15 rounder. So basically this is their Professional model of the SFX9. This saved me some money since/ I was able to cancel the 10 round magazines and pinky extensions. And I already have the 15 round mags which are the same ones as the EDC. Plus they said that they haven't even been able to take pre orders from vendors since customers are Already in line almost 200 deep at this point.
Another reason to consider changing your build is the last pic in the article showed a streamlight TLR-7a mounted under the barrel. This light was not an option for the X9S rail. So not sure when they made that change but I'm glad they did.
I have the X9S. To me it's the best 15 round capable sub compact ever made as far as size feel and form follows function.
The problem is it's my worse shooting high quality gun I own. I've had 600 dollar guns give me better groups.
I own enough high end guns to know that this gun is not made for me as far as tight groups.
As far as carry and the average defend yourself situation it's the best.
I just wish I had better accuracy with it. I can even get tight groups with a Sig 365 sas which is a tiny hard to shoot gun.

I've always said sometimes it's not the gun it's how the gun fits you and the way you shoot. It could be a nail driver with someone else.

As far as the OP I'm not sure it there are many differences except name change from what I see in pictures.

Wilson is a HUGE advertising gimmick company now and they are the kind of company that will make a few minor changes and say hey look at our new improved model to get more interest in sales and get some magazine to push their sales on it. I don't trust them like I use to but I love my X9S in the ways I mentioned.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,170 Posts
I have the X9S. To me it's the best 15 round capable sub compact ever made as far as size feel and form follows function.
The problem is it's my worse shooting high quality gun I own. I've had 600 dollar guns give me better groups.
I own enough high end guns to know that this gun is not made for me as far as tight groups.
As far as carry and the average defend yourself situation it's the best.
I just wish I had better accuracy with it. I can even get tight groups with a Sig 365 sas which is a tiny hard to shoot gun.

I've always said sometimes it's not the gun it's how the gun fits you and the way you shoot. It could be a nail driver with someone else.

As far as the OP I'm not sure it there are many differences except name change from what I see in pictures.

Wilson is a HUGE advertising gimmick company now and they are the kind of company that will make a few minor changes and say hey look at our new improved model to get more interest in sales and get some magazine to push their sales on it. I don't trust them like I use to but I love my X9S in the ways I mentioned.
My X9S was challenging to shoot up to its accuracy level until I got the small grip extension.

The SFX9 Wilson just released has a full size grip that takes the 15 rd X9 magazine. It's a longer grip.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So it can not be made smaller Iike the X9S in 10 round mode. If it were me I'd buy the X9 with a super comfortable grip and a little more length.
I'm surprised they did not make a gun that was more different besides the grip and just improve on the 15 round mag for the X9S so that it fills the front gap and you'd have the same gun they just released except you have the choice to make it more compact with 10 rounds.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,170 Posts
So it can not be made smaller Iike the X9S in 10 round mode. If it were me I'd buy the X9 with a super comfortable grip and a little more length.
I'm surprised they did not make a gun that was more different besides the grip and just improve on the 15 round mag for the X9S so that it fills the front gap and you'd have the same gun they just released except you have the choice to make it more compact with 10 rounds.
They have a grip extension for the 15rd mag so it works in the subcompact x9s.
This new frame will be the base of a new series of 4", 4.25" and 5" guns.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,170 Posts
And here is the 15rd mag for the X9S Sub compact

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had an x9s and really liked it. But I had to use the pinky extension baseplate to make it decently conferrable to shoot. Since I'd planning on using EDC X9 15 round mags in it for backups I'm not really losimg much if anything by going to this professional model. I won't need the 10 round mags with the pinky extensions or the X9s gap base pads for those 15 round mags now...

·
Registered
Ask me about faith...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actuslly it is still being made in the original 10 round configuration as well

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I have a standard X9 and an X9S so this new model does nothing for me. I find the X9S to be very shootable, even with the flush 10 round mag. I bought a second 10 round mag and added the pinky extension to that one so I can carry 10 flush, 10 with pinky, or 15 out of my X9S. I prefer the bigger grip of the standard X9 though so I carry it most of the time.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,605 Posts
I owned a X9S and was not impressed at all, I find thick guns harder to carry than heavy or long and I found the TS nearly impossible to reach and disengaged, to each their own I guess.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Bit confused by what WC is doing. Didn’t see anything on the WC website regarding the 15. But my wife accuses me of not looking hard enough.

The current EDC X9s = SFXP 10

A larger framed EDC X9S = SFXP 15

Asking for a friend!

Reactions: Ravenor

·
Registered
284 Posts
That is a nice looking pistol. I've been on the verge of picking up an X9S for a year now. I even bought a blue gun of the X9S to get an idea of how it feels (and if there are any hot spots) Traditionally I haven't had good luck with small pistols as far as my accuracy and good firing grip goes.

The extended grip might push me over the edge. I assume this is a bit thinner in the grip than an X9? Has anyone noticed the traditional hot spot that causes the 1911 callous on the middle finger on an X9S? It looks pretty sharp under the right side of the mag release mechanism.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts