1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try this one again.

Up for sale is my ACW Brimstone. It has the blued slide and hardchrome frame, gold bead front sight, ambi-safety, HRT slide stop, and flush and crowned barrel. Will come with everything it shipped with from ACW.

$2600 shipped
20190528_195745.jpg
20191229_100746.jpg
20191229_100652.jpg
20191229_100552.jpg
20190528_195739.jpg

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Pleasure to look at that one!

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Rob's guns are outstanding and solid.

I have a Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Guncrafter Industries Hellcat, Nighthawk, and used to have an Ed Brown and their fit by far pales in comparison to the ACW. I can't fully explain what I mean and if I come up with a better way I'll try to post it. The ACW is just solid.

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
For the uneducated (me!) how does the Brimstone compare to the Prime/Prime Elite?
Also "born on date" of this gun? # of rounds through it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you. Rob's guns are outstanding and solid.

I have a Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Guncrafter Industries Hellcat, Nighthawk, and used to have an Ed Brown and their fit by far pales in comparison to the ACW. I can't fully explain what I mean and if I come up with a better way I'll try to post it. The ACW is just solid.
Lots of upgrades on this one too...I’m just not in the market for a compact size pistol. I have a full size one on order at ACW currently. If it would have been 0074 or 0068 I would have likely had to pull the trigger for personal sentimental value. This one was really close!

GLWS

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd have to defer to Rob or ACW as far as the date it was made/finished. I want to say I ordered it around summer or fall 2018 and it was delivered Dec 2018 or Jan 2019.

It has either 150 or 200 rounds through it. The one time I took it to the range, I took 4 pistols total so I can't remember if it was 3 boxes or 4 through this one. I had only intended to shoot 2 boxes through it, but I took some of the allocated rounds for the Les Baer and applied them to the Brimstone.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I forgot to answer your other question comparing it to the prime/prime elite.

The prime elite is the same as the prime, but with certain options already added.

Both the Prime and Prime Elite are full size guns and the Brimstone is a CCO sized weapon(a commander slide on an officer frame).

There's no less attention to detail, fit and finish, etc between any of the models offered by ACW. The differences are in size and options.

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
Cbzr, thanks so much for the input. Much appreciated!

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pcar, I did look further and I placed the order for the gun around July 20, 2018 and as of December hadn't received it yet so it was delivered in Jan/Feb.

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
Cbzr, thanks once again. Best to you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts