1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Smith & Wesson Model 66-1 .357 Magnum for sale here. Complete in the original box with all paperwork and tools. Lovely pinned barrel, and recessed chambers, 2.5” barrel, and adjustable sights. Numbers matching magna grips.

This revolver appears to have been shot very little. I have not fired it since purchase and I originally acquired it as an investment piece.

See pictures for overall condition which is quite nice. There are a few areas I want to bring attention to for full disclosure. They are issues likely caused by improper sideplate removal at some point in its past. There is a tiny chip in the frame on the top right of the hammer channel. Probably caused by dropping an improperly aligned hammer when the sideplate was off. On the sideplate itself, below that chip at the right edge of the hammer channel there are two high spots that show in the right light -- likely a bit of peening from improper handling when the plate was removed. Lastly, there is a bit of peening/a tiny chip in the frame from the top part of the sideplate from when it was removed. I have circled all three issues in red on the images. The pictures are close-ups and make it look much worse than it actually is, but I want full disclosure so there are no surprises. One picture of the box shows a piece of white masking tape on the label -- I was able to remove that tape while keeping the label intact. Finally, the left grip medallion is a little rough as you can see in the picture. Barrel crown is perfect and the bore and chambers look superb. Timing and lock-up are very nice and it has a nice trigger pull.

See more pictures on next post.

Looking for $975 shipped and insured my FFL to yours. I will take USPS MO, cashier's check or a personal check from a fellow Addict with a good trading history. Might consider a partial trade for a GI CCO in 9mm or a Nighthawk T3 in 9mm that are in VG/mint condition with appropriate cash on my end.

ETA: other nice trades may be considered … let me know what you have got.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition

Brown Gun Firearm White Trigger

Gun Firearm White Trigger Gun accessory

Grey Material property Metal Silver Gun accessory

Black Space Active shirt

Silver Carbon Bicycle accessory Aluminium Steel

Space Metal Steel Silver Still life photography

Space Technology Metal Still life photography Circle

Text Photograph Font Black Grey

Metal Grey Revolver Iron Steel

·
Grip Maker and FFL Dealer
821 Posts
I’d be all over that if it was a no-dash. I collect those. Still a fantastic gun with the original box! GLWS

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Aarrgghh!!!! A week ago this would've been mine!!! Just picked up a -2, that while a wonderful revolver and great for carry/travel companion doesn't have the panache of the p&r guns. Someone will get a very nice revolver with the proper accessories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts