SOLD

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by LPRoad, Nov 6, 2018.

1. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    I bought this knife directly from Ruana Knives about 30 years ago, it was my first custom :) It is a non catalogued item, a 30 A blade with the brass hilt and a rosewood handle (which they no longer offer).

I used it as a camp knife for a few years until my brother just HAD to have it so I gave it to him for his birthday.

He has recently fallen on hard times, so I asked if he still had the knife and if so, I would buy it from him. He had stored the knife in it's sheath, and it shows. The brass has verdigris in places and the sheath has some weird wear around the frog. The wood shows a couple of handling marks. There is a tiny chip from the edge near the point, and some staining in the same area. I have tried to capture any cosmetic issues in the pics.

Out of curiosity I figured I would see what these are going for nowadays and I was somewhat shocked. New this knife would be in the $1500 range.

I have surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma coming up and I realized if I ever want to buy another gun I may need to sell some stuff.

On the off chance we had any Ruana collectors onboard, I figured I would offer the knife here before heading off to auction.

If it doesn't sell in its current condition I will either put it back to use as a camp knife, or send it in to Ruana for a refurb and relist it at about three times this much :D

It is a solid user in its current condition, and would be a good collector with some TLC

Asking $525 shipped and insured CONUS. The only trades I would consider are for a CZ 75, or CZ P07, P01, etc. If I did agree to a trade, the other party would have to agree to hold the pistol until January 2019 as my FFL is an elk guide and he won't be around until then.

IMGP2391.JPG IMGP2392.JPG IMGP2394 (2).JPG IMGP2395.JPG IMGP2396.JPG IMGP2397.JPG IMGP2398.JPG IMGP2399.JPG IMGP2400.JPG

Asking $525 shipped and insured CONUS. The only trades I would consider are for a CZ 75, or CZ P07, P01, etc. If I did agree to a trade, the other party would have to agree to hold the pistol until January 2019 as my FFL is an elk guide and he won't be around until then.

RN47 and gun_fan111 like this.
  2. RN47

RN47 I'm just here for the gas. Supporting Addict

Feb 22, 2018
    That's a classic. GLWS.

LPRoad likes this.

3. LPRoad

Mar 16, 2015
    Off to auction!

4. gunfighter45

gunfighter45 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 8, 2012
    I sent you a message but it seems to have disappeared. I was asking about blade length and thickness. Also, If the "clip" was sharpened.

5. LPRoad

Mar 16, 2015
    Well dang, I'm sorry I never got the message. It sold for $650 in under 2 hours on ebay :(

6. gunfighter45

gunfighter45 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 8, 2012
    No problem. I was wondering why there was no reply. Lol.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted