1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal. Received it today. It’s BNIB. Upon review, I’d probably rather have the p duo. My opinion on it is my opinion only, but here is what I thought. For the price, it’s silly to have to pay $135 for an RMR plate. I’m not a fan of the Romeo zero or Shield RMC options. It uses the same mags, 17 round. So the grip doesn’t conceal like I’d prefer. I might has well have the longer barrel of the P Duo. I just want my money back while not having to pay gunbroker fees. Price is $2600 shipped. I am a FFL but NOT a dealer for STI. I had to pay retail just like everyone else. No trades.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good luck with the sale.. If I wasn't on a pre-order, i would buy this right now.. Few questions.. since there is almost no information out there.. What do you mean rmr plate? Where is the plate for sale? Do they not have a flush mag?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with the sale.. If I wasn't on a pre-order, i would buy this right now.. Few questions.. since there is almost no information out there.. What do you mean rmr plate? Where is the plate for sale? Do they not have a flush mag?
RMR plate is available from Dawson Precision. It’ll allow you to mount an RMR or SRO or Holosun. The plate that comes with it only allows for a Romeo zero, JP something or another and Shield rmc. To my knowledge, the mags are either all 17 or 21. The 17 does not fit flush as you can see from the picture. It adds another 1/3” or so.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Are you sure it has the 126mm grip and mags? The new 120mm grip is different than the older cut down version, it has a magwell lip like the full size 126mm grip.

If you look at your grip there is less of a gap between the magwell lip to the star.

Your grip
5FCC6761-55F0-4F7D-9B7F-39A63EB2C295.jpeg

Staccato P grip.
5F85D380-2650-47B7-8390-8962B9B4F1EB.jpeg

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
404 Posts
Wow, that's lame that they sent you 3 126mm mags for a gun that is marketed specifically for concealed carry.

Those mags completely negate the shorter officer length grip and compromise concealability for no good reason!

Did they run out of 120mms? That is a baffling call otherwise!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very strange. The C²/C² DUO are supposed to ship with a single 120mm (16 round) and two 126mm (17 round) mags.

Reactions: Buck_L

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
404 Posts
If anything, it should come with 2×120s and 1×126!

And let's have some teflon coated 120s while we're at it!!
;)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Look at the baseplates of the 3 mags in the picture. They are all the same and the same as the mag that sticks out of the grip. I am in no way disputing those are 126 mags. It’s the other mag that sits flush that I suspect is a 120mm with an incorrect baseplate.
But they're all teflon coated 17 rounders. The 120s are 16s

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look at the baseplates of the 3 mags in the picture. They are all the same and the same as the mag that sticks out of the grip. I am in no way disputing those are 126 mags. It’s the other mag that sits flush that I suspect is a 120mm with an incorrect baseplate.
The 120mm mags are marked '16' not '17', per STI.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Gotcha and agreed. My old eyes missed the differences on the baseplates in the 3 mag picture. It is still a 120mm grip though. I’d reach out to STI and have them rectify the situation.

I believe we have officially derailed the original posters for sale thread.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. No worries. I've emailed both the seller and STI. Hopefully one will correct it which will, at least, give the next owner all the accessories they need.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I had a similar mag issue on an entirely different pistol where it was the 2nd of a model I had already bought. It was supposed to come with sand resistant mags but came with normal black ones straight from the factory through my FFL.

Nice pistol! Wish it were mine. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts