1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Which to carry and why?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
A good friend of mine was a member of the gun of the month club before he bought his when they were introduced, he has carried it ever since.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You have two RDS pistols listed. Can you pick the dot up on draw 100% of the time on both considering they point differently?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Guncrafter Commander. You dropped a fat stack on a bulletproof 1911, might as well put it to good use.

Plus, I find ole slab sides easier to conceal than the Block pistol. I also find I can shoot a 1911 much better than any plastic fantastic, especially anything pocket sized. I want every advantage I can get, and having to ability to hit the target seems to be pretty high up there.

Remember this?

1911 baby!

BTW, I don't use any carry optics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glock 19 has a good balance of weight and functionality. Why not rotate for the seasons?
Rotating for seasons is not a bad idea, my rotation seems to be where I go.

You have two RDS pistols listed. Can you pick the dot up on draw 100% of the time on both considering they point differently?
Good point, with two dots on two different pistols that point differently it is a little different. The Glocks I have I do have to "crank" my wrist down there the Sig 365 red dot is as natural as a 1911.

Guncrafter Commander. You dropped a fat stack on a bulletproof 1911, might as well put it to good use.

Plus, I find ole slab sides easier to conceal than the Block pistol. I also find I can shoot a 1911 much better than any plastic fantastic, especially anything pocket sized. I want every advantage I can get, and having to ability to hit the target seems to be pretty high up there.

Remember this?
View attachment 719725

1911 baby!

BTW, I don't use any carry optics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
You are correct, 1911 with its flat side is very easy to carry. One of the beauties of the pistol.

When mentioning the above church shooting and you say "1911 baby" I'm not sure, but if you are meaning that the good guy shot the bad guy with a 1911 that is not correct,

It was a Sig 229 that the Texas Rangers have or had taken for evidence. But he did/does have another Sig 229 that he carries. Several good interviews with him about the shooting. Very humble, down-to-earth guy, that was at the right place and time to prevent a lot of good folks from getting killed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rotating for seasons is not a bad idea, my rotation seems to be where I go.

Good point, with two dots on two different pistols that point differently it is a little different. The Glocks I have I do have to "crank" my wrist down there the Sig 365 red dot is as natural as a 1911.

You are correct, 1911 with its flat side is very easy to carry. One of the beauties of the pistol.

When mentioning the above church shooting and you say "1911 baby" I'm not sure, but if you are meaning that the good guy shot the bad guy with a 1911 that is not correct,

It was a Sig 229 that the Texas Rangers have or had taken for evidence. But he did/does have another Sig 229 that he carries. Several good interviews with him about the shooting. Very humble, down-to-earth guy, that was at the right place and time to prevent a lot of good folks from getting killed.
I stand corrected. I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was a 1911; and yesss, that man is a hero.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm a rotator. My favorite carry is 1911 commander. I voted for that, since all of the above wasn't an option. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I voted for government in 45 as thats what I like to carry. What works for me may not work for others.

Reactions: itsmekevin

·
Registered
316 Posts

Remember this?
View attachment 719725

1911 baby!

As I recall, he had a completely sh*tty draw and had he been proficient, he would have gotten his shot off sooner. He was "Johnny Slow on the Spot" and people died while he was futzing with his gun.

Nope, I was wrong. He was looking down praying. Before and during the shotgun presentation, he had to make a decision about whether or not to shoot. He was a bit slow upon seeing the shotgun, but we cannot see where his eyes were at that moment. You can see his deliberate action after the first shot. Different problem--OODA loop and all that. He did well given the circumstances.

It seems to me there is much to learn five seconds of this video.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts