1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of those that has not given up on, suffered through the frustrations of, and drank from the fountains of Armslist good fortune.

Today was one of the fortunate days. Last night I was perusing the local classifieds and happened upon an advertisement for a myriad of powders at pre-panic prices. At the bottom of the listing was a quick mention of forthcoming ads for various bullets, brass, and primers. Now, I am in no way hurting for components, but what I have will not last forever, and I am always on the lookout. I responded asking about the bullets and primers for 45 acp, and that I had some interest in his powders. Well, a short conversation later and I learned I had connected with a man getting 100% out of reloading and wanted the space. He acknowledged current pricing and said he had no interest in that. He found out I also load for 44 and the pot got sweeter. What you see below is what I came home with, all for what you would have paid for the powders and primers alone this time two years ago.

Registered
Is it possible to literally go green with envy? Where is that mirror?

Premium Member
That would be labelled as a score in 2018 or '19. Today it's the mother lode! Good for you. The last time anything like that happened to me I netted 1,200lbs. of wheelweights from an estate. They thought my taking their trash was equal to them giving me years and years worth of delicious bullets.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice find though I typically don't buy my ammo from IKEA...
Sometimes the best deals come from the most unexpected places I guess.

I thought the coffee industry had a stranglehold on the secondary market reloading supply containers.

That would be labelled as a score in 2018 or '19. Today it's the mother lode! Good for you. The last time anything like that happened to me I netted 1,200lbs. of wheelweights from an estate. They thought my taking their trash was equal to them giving me years and years worth of delicious bullets.
Another man鈥檚 trash...right? It is nice when things work out so that both sides feel as though they鈥檝e scored a victory.

As for me and this deal, I am able to enjoy it more knowing that this man knew very well what he had, what he could get for it in today鈥檚 market, and that he was wanting to give a deal to clear space. Sometimes you hear of scores where the seller thought they had a rust bucket when in reality they had a rare gem and the buyer let them remain ignorant (no examples from this forum). Hard to enjoy getting over on someone in my book.

I felt good too knowing I left his 223/5.56 (and others) stash for someone else...it was 100% available to me as well, including primers at two year old prices.

Registered
Congrats on the stash acquisition, I'll admit when something like this becomes available i can't help but think somebody died and whomever inherits had no use. Happens all the time, glad it went to a good home.

Registered
I am one of those that has not given up on, suffered through the frustrations of, and drank from the fountains of Armslist good fortune.

Today was one of the fortunate days. Last night I was perusing the local classifieds and happened upon an advertisement for a myriad of powders at pre-panic prices. At the bottom of the listing was a quick mention of forthcoming ads for various bullets, brass, and primers. Now, I am in no way hurting for components, but what I have will not last forever, and I am always on the lookout. I responded asking about the bullets and primers for 45 acp, and that I had some interest in his powders. Well, a short conversation later and I learned I had connected with a man getting 100% out of reloading and wanted the space. He acknowledged current pricing and said he had no interest in that. He found out I also load for 44 and the pot got sweeter. What you see below is what I came home with, all for what you would have paid for the powders and primers alone this time two years ago.

View attachment 767855
View attachment 767856
View attachment 767857
WOW,,, Top Brass has good deals on 308 and 223 brass and projectiles. For Father鈥檚 Day. But you hit the jackpot..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts