1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow !
Looks like I gotta' up my game ! :)
get on it Mike!!....LOL...our local range/club is closed, and our Departments range is being rebuilt....so in the downtime I figure I'd catch up and get ahead with some reloading....

Reactions: Mike Meints

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'm waiting on bullets that I ordered 2 weeks ago .
You've got as many .40 as I have in all calibers !
Well …… I might have a few more than that …….

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting on bullets that I ordered 2 weeks ago .
You've got as many .40 as I have in all calibers !
Well …… I might have a few more than that …….
LOL...well, I do also have 10k .45acp heads to load up too....LOL....

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Oh my g-d you made me feel guilty Zipper046, I have not loaded one round since I have been a prisoner in the house...

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm working from home now, and the reloading bench is my new office (small house, no basement). Good thing all of my brass is full right now. I ordered 2000 bullets from Roze a week ago before they get behind, not in any hurry. I'm not going to get caught short ever again, if I can help it. The Mrs. once asked (after the Obama crunch), "Don't we have enough powder yet?" She was probably right to point that out.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Good job, I loaded 5-6,000 of 9 and 45 before switching over to prepping brass for rifle, if ranges dont open up again soon for me to test out my rifle loads then I am going to be back to pistol loads. May end up loading up every piece of brass I have if this virus goes on long enough!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've loaded up 2000 rounds of 45, 500 of 357, 600 of 308, 600 of 30-06, 1000 of 223, and 1000 of 10mm. Not to mention the thousands of brass i've prepped. And all on a single stage press. I'm going to run out of components soon.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,981 Posts
I’ve set so many primers my tendonitis is nearly crippling and cramping my style.:frown:

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks @GaCop!....assuming you are in the same field of work as I....so stay safe out there brother!
Retired from LE back in 2008 after I got back from working as a contractor in Kandahar Afghanistan. Plenty of time to reload and shoot now along with building tactical bolt action rifles.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Geez, what do you guys pay for a 500 count of hard plated projectiles?!!! That there is about $1000.00 Canadian dollars worth!!!! At least!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Mikey421....depends....these are my top favorites:

- JACKETED - I get "ZERO" brand bullets from www.rozedist.com for about $125USD per 1,000

- COPPER PLATED - I get "Berry's" brand from www.powdervalleyinc.com for about $105USD per 1,000

- COATED LEAD - I get "SNS Casting" brand from www.snscasting.com for about $90USD per 1,000 or "IBEJIHEADS" brand from www.ibejiheads.com for about $104USD per 1,000

Primers and Powder I usually get from Powder Valley Inc (they seem to have best prices and nominal shipping fees) and the brass I've accumulated free over the years from LE ranges i've been on as well as leftovers from factory stuff I've shot....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I finished a case (2020) .45 230g Blue Bullets yesterday. Prior to that run finished a case of 9mm 125g Blue Bullets. I am thankful for the Inline Fabrication Ergo handle on my 550B.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
@Mikey421....depends....these are my top favorites:

- JACKETED - I get "ZERO" brand bullets from www.rozedist.com for about $125USD per 1,000

- COPPER PLATED - I get "Berry's" brand from www.powdervalleyinc.com for about $105USD per 1,000

- COATED LEAD - I get "SNS Casting" brand from www.snscasting.com for about $90USD per 1,000 or "IBEJIHEADS" brand from www.ibejiheads.com for about $104USD per 1,000

Primers and Powder I usually get from Powder Valley Inc (they seem to have best prices and nominal shipping fees) and the brass I've accumulated free over the years from LE ranges i've been on as well as leftovers from factory stuff I've shot....
Those rates are about half what I personally have paid for the same. I used to get 500 ct Berry’s 230gr plated .45 for $85.00CAD, and 9mm 1000 ct 124gr for $135.00CAD. Must be nice to live where the air doesn’t hurt your face six out of twelve months and everything is way less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts