Les Baer Some Shlt Can’t be beat...

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by 41 Charlie, Sep 15, 2020.

1. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Seven or eight years back, I purchased a couple of my first semi customs. A Les Bear Stringer and a UTC from Crazy John (CJ). I wanted the Stinger to be my own, and added an Ed Brown single sided wide safety, domed gold bead front sight by John Harrison, and a Hard Chrome finish by Ron Mahovsky’s. The Stinger is a great blaster in Gods Caliber. I still have her and carry her quite frequently. Then there are Bears like my UTC (less fcs). Everything on the inside is serialzed. Somethings just can’t be improved upon. This old UTC was Baer tight from day one. Buttery smooth like I’ve never felt. When people tell you their slide frame fit feels like it’s on bell bearings, I honestly believe they are taking about my UTC. I spent the first few hours in front of the TV breaking in the single sided safety (man was that puppy tight). With just shy of 10,000 rounds down the pipe, I couldn’t be prouder. She’s the real deal, sometimes craftsmanship just cant be improved upon, at any price...

41E36FAA-6B6C-431D-9C46-4A391AA314E8.jpeg BEC93DBA-A12E-49FE-98EE-6B240D9EE737.jpeg EFB2CF3A-3EBF-45F1-865B-1820CCB38A64.jpeg C1F72DC8-E5AC-497D-8FFC-A76723FFB38D.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    We need a calendar with your guns in it.

1911fanatic, AGENT P, Eddie D and 9 others like this.

3. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    I'll take your word for the "Buttery smooth" action but I will say this: The 1911 don't get much better lookin'

1911 dawg, Eddie D, Kip and 3 others like this.
  4. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Really nice Ed!

41 Charlie likes this.
  5. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I feel same about my Baers

6. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Thats what working 1911's ought to look like..

41 Charlie, WC145, Dub and 2 others like this.
  7. rmac

rmac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 26, 2016
    Nice gat Ed; just the Baer necessities.

41 Charlie likes this.
  8. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    Much respect for the UTC.

I’ve never had one of their Stingers, but like the looks of them.

Sweet pics. too.

41 Charlie likes this.
  9. 41 Charlie

Feb 4, 2014
    Higher praze could not be given, RG!

1911fanatic, rmac and Raylan Givens like this.
  10. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Geez Ed those are great! Thanks for letting us ogle your beautiful pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 Charlie likes this.
  11. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Never been a big Stinger fan
    But I love FS Baers without FCS.
    That UTC is a keeper for sure!

12. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Is it my computer????? I'm seeing four pics and that's two pics, twice..........
    TR
    Is there supposed to be a pic of the stinger ? If so it's not on my computer.........

13. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Very nice!

41 Charlie likes this.
  14. 41 Charlie

Feb 4, 2014
    Sorry for any confusion @Tactical Rico (see Stinger below). Although I personalalized my Stinger (for my version) of the consummate carry piece, this thread was more about my Ultimate Tactical Carry (UTC). The above UTC was all business out of the box. Besides some grip changes - she ramains stock as a rock. Some pistols are just hard to improve upon

B7F4B95A-2B16-4108-B972-A2F4C3BE8446.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    1911fanatic, Eddie D, Eric and 7 others like this.
  15. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    She’s also a looker.....

41 Charlie likes this.
  16. random84

random84 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    I picked up a used LB stinger - although the small parts finish and the bluing is very much "production grade" (IMHO), the slide to frame and barrel lock up is tight as fudge.

Easily equal to (or tighter) than my Guncrafters at twice the price- whether you consider that good or bad is preference i guess. Something about having to break one in versus the other ready to go.... :) However the trigger, finish and small parts detailing is all GI - and thats where the cost comes in.

I'm not knocking the LB at all - I was pleasantly surprised with it and would take another LB over Dan Wesson based on the feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1911fanatic and 41 Charlie like this.
  17. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    OP, that is a very handsome firearm. What maintenance have you done over those 10k rounds?

41 Charlie likes this.
  18. 41 Charlie

Feb 4, 2014
    My UTC is shy of 10,000 rounds (8,750). I’ll more than likely hit the magic number at her next Range outing. Outstide of my initial 500 round brake in (adding Break free to the rails before my take down initial cleaning) I clean religiously after every range trip. I have changed the recoil spring twice (only routine maintenance). No breakage of any kind to date. I couldn’t be more pleased!

Tha Stinger (45 ACP) has (5,080 rounds down the pipe). And again, no breakage what so ever, just routine maintenance, recoil spring only. And yes for all you na sawers about Stingers, although I was trained to use the slide stop when chambering a round, mine will sling shot. I love it, and it’s very accurate.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  19. Tactical Rico

Tactical Rico Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2016
    41 Charlie:
    Thanks for putting up that pic of the Stinger...............Beautiful piece.
    I thought maybe I wasn't seeing what everyone else was seeing. I finally figured out there are three different pics but I still didn't see a Stinger. I really like LB's and have a Comanche on order. I'll post up when I get it.
    Thanks again for the pic.
    TR

41 Charlie likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted