1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Sigs since the early 90s. Many have come and went, all were very accurate and reliable except the mosquito. That pistol sucked. This is the current stable. My wife and I both love the 365s, they’re great little guns, a little harder for me to shoot accurately than the MK25, but dead nuts reliable with over 500 rds of HST through each with only a couple of malfunctions on one when new and dirty/dry. The 239 SAS has north of 6k though it without a hic up
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

I have read a lot about the only good Sig is a German one, but I have shot the snot out of some USA Sigs without any issues. YMMV.

·
Known Agitator
3,705 Posts
Just ordered something from Sig that may just change my thoughts on the P365... If it works, will start a thread. ;)

I do love the P365 for discreet carry.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I’m contemplating getting rid of just about all my guns except my 1911’s, BHP’s and a few revolvers.
If I was going back to traditional double action I think I’d go to Sig. I like single-stack guns and always liked the P6/P225 and also the P239. I’m a big fan of the S&W “3rd Generation” autos and actually chose them over Sig many years ago but they no longer offer factory support for them. If it ever happened I doubt I’d worry about whether they were made here or in Germany and if anything might choose made in USA anyway!
I also own a Sig 1911, a C3 (“CCO”) and think it’s pretty handsome and very well put-together.

·
старая каза
738 Posts
The height of my obsession with Sig was back during the late 80's and early 90's - when I could show-up at a bowling pin match with a bone stock P220 and finish in the Top 3 with it. That's how good those West German-built pistols were. No mods at all. You wouldn't believe how salty the 1911-guys would get about it. LOL More than once I had to field strip my P220 to prove I wasn't doing anything hinky/against the rules but, those matches were being shot for some pretty decent $ pay-outs and if that's all I had to do to get paid, no problem.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only Sig that I have owned is a P365 that I purchased approximately a month ago. So far it has had zero reliability issues with the several types of ammo that I have ran through it. At this point, the P365 has surprisingly been one of the favorite pistols that I've owned. It shoots like a much larger gun, conceals effortlessly, and the X-Ray sights are fantastic.

I've been looking at picking up a P226, but haven't decided which particular model. The SA Legion may get the nod as I already have a couple DA/SA CZ's on hand.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
My Sig STX. Getting this pistol was a fluke. Was our anniversary & DW says go buy a pistol. I had an STI Elektra ( which STI no longer makes ), lined up. Was about to go meet the seller, and he calls and says somebody who was in line ahead of me, but who'd fallen off the radar, had resurfaced & wanted the pistol. Seller felt honor bound to follow through on that deal. But he was only giving the guy 24 hours. So I start looking for something else. Find this STX at a really good price ( only one in the store ), but don't want to buy it, just in case the STI becomes available. Tell DW about the great price on the STX. She says I should get it, or somebody else will buy it. I say "Yea, but what if the STI becomes available?" And she says "Buy 'em both!" So I buy the STX, and an hour later, the STI guy calls to say it's mine. So yay, two nice 1911s in a couple hours.
Gun Firearm White Line Trigger

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
655 Posts
I have owned several Sigs.

- RCS "1911" that was total garbage. It's long gone.
- P226 I have owned 4. I recently sold 2 of them, a 226R and a 226 Combat. Sold one long ago. One I will never sell. It's a completely German 226 without any import markings or any Sig US markings whatsoever. It came to the states in a diplomatic pouch.

I probably won't own another 226. Been there done that, and they just don't stack up to CZ's steel frame offerings, IMO.

- P229 I have owned 2. I carried a 229 in 40 for a short time. Sold it. Still have a 229R in 9mm with an E2 grip that serves a purpose.

- P225 still have this one, but I am not sure what keeps it around. I had an idea to put some nice grips on it, add new sights and give it a new lease on life. But too many other projects in the works. Maybe someday.

The only other Sig I have considered was the X5 Legion. But after owning a Shadow 2 and recently picking up the Beretta 92X Performance I just don't see the point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.