·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
wow, prices are crashing out on those things :confused2:

Reactions: simonp

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,771 Posts
I'm not a big fan of FDE, but I actually kind of like that. I do want to know why it seems like so many of these slightly used go up for sale? Were these a complete fail or? I mean I'm sure there are guys and gals who have them that love them, but it just seems you see a lot of slightly used ones going up all over the place.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I personally can't justify paying $2500 ish for a NIB X9 or even $2000 for a slightly used model. I have shot these firearms and they are awesome but for me they are just overpriced. IMHO there are much better options at that price point. Again, this is just my view but I would take another Les Baer or some of the unbelievable 1911 deals on our classifieds over this Wilson.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I like fde. I also like the looks of the pistol. I'm already heavily invested in CZ pistols and Berettas. I have plenty of 9mm and I dont even like 9mm that much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
Reactions: studenygreg

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
I am meh on the FDE, but lust after this pistol in black The ones I’ve handled felt great . A friend just bout one . I’ll be trying it next week.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Still haven’t found a pistol I could shoot as well as my X9L but I felt uncomfortable carrying it with no grip safety so I sold it.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
Steve
It took several sessions to warm up to.
The grip and shape of the wide trigger
maybe. All I know is there is a lot of things to like, and for what ever reason i shoot mine well.
I won’t be selling mine soon.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow that's a bargain with 8 mags included. The FDE looks good with the green grips. I think Dwe is right, that to some, particularly 1911 fans the grip and feel is just a little different and not everyone warms up to shooting it. I happen to love mine and shoot well with it. I'd consider picking up an X9L if I got a bargain like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts