1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Born and raised in SE IA! Moved to IL about a decade ago (terrible decision). I see people talking about MaidRite, don't forget the Canteen!

·
IA to TX via the world
135 Posts
I grew up in New London (talk about tiny SE Iowa towns). I moved away 25 years ago. I miss the culture, but I sure as heck don't miss the winters!

My junior or senior year (I can't remember which) the windchill was -70 when I was getting ready for school. When I closed by car door, the window shattered into a million pieces. I drove to school with no driver's side door window and thought that I was going to die. Yeah...I'll take the Texas heat over that every day! :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I grew up in New London (talk about tiny SE Iowa towns). I moved away 25 years ago. I miss the culture, but I sure as heck don't miss the winters!

My junior or senior year (I can't remember which) the windchill was -70 when I was getting ready for school. When I closed by car door, the window shattered into a million pieces. I drove to school with no driver's side door window and thought that I was going to die. Yeah...I'll take the Texas heat over that every day! :)
I'm just the opposite. Yes, the winters can be tough, but there's no better place than Iowa from May to October. I lived in the Ft. Worth area for 12 years, and while I love TX, I hate summers that are so hot you can't even stand to be on the golf course.

Being from Lee County, and growing up traipsing the banks of the Skunk River, I'm familiar with New London. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.