Registered
6,412 Posts
Oh my!

Reactions: MDP

·
MP Custom
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less refined for sure! Most newer revolvers are a wreck inside and out. The .357 in the picture was purchase in the early 90's and wasn't too bad but the 9mm was a disaster inside and out but it's refined now.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I have some. All have the older windage adjustable rear sight. The 4” 22 LR version is very accurate. Not so much luck with the other 3” versions, although I have a.32 H&R that’s growing better with handloads. All have been smoothed and shimmed. The stock product leaves a lot to be desired but a little polishing goes a long way.

·
On guard
1,562 Posts
One of the older guns I have is a vintage SP101 in .357 with the shorter barrel. It’s like 2 3/4 right? I shot it a lot when I got it and carried it quite a bit as well. Now it’s in my ‘trunk bag’ in my car. I did change the factory grip to the rubber Hogue one so I could get three fingers on it. Other than that it’s just well worn and super smooth. I like Ruger revos because you can disassemble them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have an early 4 in 22 with full lug and wolff springs. The rear sight is windage adj in a dovetail. Goodun

·
Livin Large
1,858 Posts
Any love for SP101's around here? Here's a couple I just finished up, everything from action work, hammer bob, shimming, sights, bevel package, and refinishing.
MDP is the beveling you refer to the edges of the chambers in the cylinder. I have done this to several 45 ACP revolvers to make loading SWC ammo much easier with moon clips. If not what is it.
Thanks NMBUZZ

·
NRA Life Member
3,797 Posts
I've got two, a 9mm and a 357. Damn fine pistols. Been meaning to send them out for work but something always pops up lol

·
MP Custom
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
MDP is the beveling you refer to the edges of the chambers in the cylinder. I have done this to several 45 ACP revolvers to make loading SWC ammo much easier with moon clips. If not what is it.
Thanks NMBUZZ
The cylinders were chamfered to assist in round insertion. I was referring to beveling the entire gun like a melt package looks much better and is smoother to handle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bought a Match Champion last year, really have fun shooting it after I replaced the grips. The wood grips were just too small for me to shoot comfortably.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts