1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BOTH SETS ARE SOLD

I am breaking my rule and letting a pair of Spegel's go. Up for sale is a pair of S+ Cocobolo double diamond checkered stocks made for me by Craig in 2017. They have an ambi cut and are relieved for extended strong side thumb safeties. These are for Government and Commander size 1911s. Asking $100 shipped for this pair.
20200123_073852.jpg
20200123_073822.jpg

AJ 1911  Williams 2.jpg

AJ 1911  Williams 3.jpg

I am also listing my Honduran Rosewood Burl grips for Government and Commander size 1911s. These do have an ambi cut. These are among the prettiest pieces of timber I've ever seen and are finished in a handrubbed oil. The right side grip has a slight warp on the bottom that I tried to photograph. I am still on the fence about letting this set go but for now I am asking $75.
AJ E 1911 grips.jpg
20200123_074914.jpg

20200123_074914.jpg

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,831 Posts
Nice grips but I'm really loving that Colt. Who did the work on it?

·
6,831 Posts
Thank you, Don Williams built that one.
Very nice, the little accents like the round butt, nitre blued pins and screws, and the checkering on the slide stop pin really set it off. Is that one of Greg Derr's grip safeties?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, the little accents like the round butt, nitre blued pins and screws, and the checkering on the slide stop pin really set it off. Is that one of Greg Derr's grip safeties?
It is a Wilson Bulletproof that Don bobbed. And I agree, the detail work is pretty special, you listed my favorite bits.

·
6,831 Posts
It is a Wilson Bulletproof that Don bobbed. And I agree, the detail work is pretty special, you listed my favorite bits.
Cool piece. A real looker, too.

Reactions: colrhino and AJP

·
Registered
342 Posts
I keep missing out on the Spegels that come up for sale. Gotta work on my quickness!

Reactions: colrhino and AJP
1 - 10 of 10 Posts