1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....so I have been seeing alot of Glocks for sale for $1700-$2200 why.....just why.....
please explain the rhyme or reason when there are so many amazing better platform....yes I am NOT A HUGE FAN.....AND I should be I get blue label pricing...
please make it make sense...they are good $400-$600 pistols but 2k.....

·
Registered
237 Posts
There’s no justification…no matter what some people are willing to pay!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hey guys....so I have been seeing alot of Glocks for sale for $1700-$2200 why.....just why.....
please explain the rhyme or reason when there are so many amazing better platform....yes I am NOT A HUGE FAN.....AND I should be I get blue label pricing...
please make it make sense...they are good $400-$600 pistols but 2k.....
The same reason $10,000 1911’s exist when great examples can be had for $1500-$3000.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
A gun at that price point has had some serious modifications and may be worth it to some end user. Just don't try to sell it.
I have zero doubt that i could sell this one for more than I have in it. Depends on what company did the work. I sold a different one last year and didn't lose money.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have had Glocks since the late 80's. I was one of the first run of patrol officers in NYPD to go to the range and re-qualify with the Glock. I was right after ESU and other special units. I have always owned one or two since. I like the fact they are clean and functional, as accurate and dependable as can be, and do all this for about $400. When you start doctoring them up and changing components and bring it up into the $1000 and up price tag, I would personally chose a different pistol to put money into from the get go. If I knew I was going to put $2000 into a Glock, I would see what else was available in that price range. Resale would be easier.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Not a Glock basher, but if it doesn't say 1911 or German Sig X5/6, it's hard to get my attention, even harder to get my money!

To each his own, said the old maid as she kissed the cow (one of my grandma's favorite sayings).
Ima do all I can to be at your shoot. I might have to bring that agency g34 just to see if you dig it after shooting it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hi,
Jeez...Really?

I just had this Conversation with the Manager of my LGS...

He told me that it cost Glock probably $50 a pistol to make it.

I agree of course, Gaston Glock wanted to sell the first Model 17 for $150 here in the States, but...

His US Rep, told him better, saying if he did, people would think they are junk! (no comment!)

I mean how much can molded plastic, stamped out metal parts and a handful of coil springs cost?:cool:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts