1911 Firearm Addicts banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Collectors pay a lot more than two grand for the right Glock. Those KABC Gen 1 19s are north of ten grand now. And there are other variations which bring as much as a full custom 1911. Collectors will pay $800 for specific Glock manuals nowadays. They aren't worth that to me, but it isn't my money, and I don't collect Glocks.

This isn't the expensive Gen 1 19, but this Glock recently sold for over ten grand plus tax.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I have a G24 L, just like this one; RARE Glock G24 L and am considering putting it up for sale to raise funds for the NOS Springfield Professional that I just ordered from my LGS.

The G24 has been a safe queen for too many years, and only has about ~150-200 rounds through it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a G24 L, just like this one; RARE Glock G24 L and am considering putting it up for sale to raise funds for the NOS Springfield Professional that I just ordered from my LGS.

The G24 has been a safe queen for too many years, and only has about ~150-200 rounds through it.
If you have the original box and paperwork, you should post it on the Glock forum.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hey guys....so I have been seeing alot of Glocks for sale for $1700-$2200 why.....just why.....
please explain the rhyme or reason when there are so many amazing better platform....yes I am NOT A HUGE FAN.....AND I should be I get blue label pricing...
please make it make sense...they are good $400-$600 pistols but 2k.....
it makes no sense, cuz at the end of the day, it's still a Glock.

you can put all the lipstick you want on a pig, it's still a pig.

you can customize anything on this planet, but you had better hope someone likes "your taste", and buys it.

go to re-sell that ordinary Glock all gussied up, you had better pray someone is foolish enough to make an offer below what you paid for it.

take that money, and buy a real nicely built, high quality hand gun from a higher up the food chain maker.

Glocks (and i have 3 of them myself) are at the low end, and will pretty much just stay there. no matter how much lipstick, one puts on them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Worth and value are different for everyone. As long as it makes you happy, you do you.

There’s no amount of justifying to convince someone else who doesn’t see the worth/value in something you do.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,392 Posts
Got more than that in the Boresight Glocks Ben has built me.
Got more than that in the Business End Custom Glock Lou built me.
I go 1,500+ rounds between cleaning and/or putting any lube on them.
Bash all you want, but I’d spend that money and more for them if I had it to do all over again.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
NEVER spend Staccato money on a Glock
We must respectfully agree to disagree here. I had a costa comp sti...while the gun was really nice and a blast to shoot, the mags are a weak point on all of the double stack guns. They must be" tuned to work, oh its not running? Try this mag that costs $115 a piece ". No thank you. I can smack any glock mag in that agency or shadow systems gun and it'll run all week and never ask for a drop of oil. I love the idea of a double stack 1911 but this has kept me away from them since owning that gun. Now...if they could be designed to run a glock mag...im in.

·
Registered
Nighthawk Agent 2 Nighthawk Counselor Wilson Combat EDC X9
211 Posts
We must respectfully agree to disagree here. I had a costa comp sti...while the gun was really nice and a blast to shoot, the mags are a weak point on all of the double stack guns. They must be" tuned to work, oh its not running? Try this mag that costs $115 a piece ". No thank you. I can smack any glock mag in that agency or shadow systems gun and it'll run all week and never ask for a drop of oil. I love the idea of a double stack 1911 but this has kept me away from them since owning that gun. Now...if they could be designed to run a glock mag...im in.
If price of magazines is the reason for not getting a double stack 1911, then get an X9. I’d rather spend 2500 on an X9 and customize it down the road instead of spending 500 on a piece of Tupperware and then adding another 2000 to get it to where I actually like it, plus it’ll still have an inferior trigger

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've always been in the camp "if you want it and can afford it, get it (or do it)". It should not matter what others like or dislike.

But, if you ask me for my opinion, expect MY opinion. Many people (don't get your dander up, I'm talking mainly outside this arena) ask for an opinion but are really seeking concurrence. I have not seen that here.

I just lean toward old school; On the other hand, my kids see no issues with the whiz-bang lookin' stuff. And I'm certainly not offended by it! Heck, I even own some of these "boat anchors"! :D :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Mags certainly were the weak point. Staccato has made great strides since the STI days in making reliable 2011 magazines with their G3 mags, plus they are $60-$70 per mag, which isn't cheap but a whole lot better than $100 plus for MBX mags. The 2011 will never be a cheap platform, but when people spend 2k plus on Glocks, you can't really call that cheap any more either.

I too have dumped large sums of money on Gucci plastic, but if I am honest, none of them have anything on a bone stock Staccato P or C2.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts