Spreading the word about a non paying member....

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by DeadEye, Dec 3, 2011.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'd like to know the acceptable method for warning other forum members about a lousy, no good, low life, scum sucker who will screw you out of money. I understand that the GT forum rules don't allow bashing. Is there a method for legitimate warnings?

My story is simple... I tracked someone who didn't pay me from one forum to this forum. I'd like warn you all (and get some personal satisfaction). However, this isn't deemed acceptable, as GT doesn't know (and probably doesn't want to know) all the details, who is right and who is wrong.

However, this leaves the rest of the good, honorable community members out there open to getting screwed again by this guy. I don't expect to ever see my money. However, if I flushed this guy out from screwing any of you, at least under his current screen name, then I feel as if I have done what I could.

Suggestions/comments appreciated.

2. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    What in the world did he owe you? A refund for making you a nice Avatar? >)

3. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm all for a public outing if it keeps others from getting screwed. But only if every other attempt to resolve this in private has been met with resistance or a-holedness.

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I would take your concerns to Trent.

I had a situation with an alleged "gunsmith" whom I had to go to an Attorney General in the state in which he resides to get my funds back from a build that was supposed to take 12 weeks but after 2 YEARS all I got were excuses and bs.

He showed up here and I explained the deal to Trent.So far the deadbeat has kept a low profile and apparently hasn't scammed anybody yet.

But going to the forum owner in a case like this is an appropriate way of dealing with a deadbeat.

DAT85

5. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    I agree!

6. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    I say you Out him and the threads that may show his dickheadery.

7. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I would start with a more informative description of the problem, then maybe tell us WHO IT IS!!! I don't have money to burn, sure don't have any to lose! I'm also thinking about buying something from a forum member and I'd hate to find out who it is AFTER the fact.

8. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    I have shipped an item without receiving a check only once, recently. Everything went fine. I felt like the guy was "good for it" due to his reputation and he was/is. But I wouldn't have done that for just anyone. If someone cashes MY check and doesn't send my item then I would make 110% sure he was a thief before I called him one on the internet. Just sayin'. Hope you get your $ or your stuff. I would take the above advice and contact Trent.

EDIT: Good rule of thumb. NEVER ship an item until the payment clears.

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    We have a section on the forum for member feedback. Read the rules and post according to those rules.

10. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    And please put some pants on. :lol:

11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    There is a feedback process in place on GT. I've been there a bit,
    drop me a pm if you need help with the "issue" there, I know people.

12. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    :rofl:

13. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
  14. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    That's an emoticon that I could have used on a PREVIOUS forum of which I was a member............. :lol:

DAT85

15. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Just spill the beans. We can handle it. I think it's your responsibility to make sure it doesn't happen again.

16. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes Tell Us but PLEASE DON'T TURN AROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  18. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm of the team the would want to know as well. I was advised by members to openly demand a refund and post the nasty. The administration here advised that I simply start a thread in the member feedback section say what happened sticking to only the facts and post photos. So that's what I did.

Having done that there are a few things I can tell you. Don't be surprised if some here take his side of the conflict and/or avoid the entire issue effectively leaving you high and dry.

Also, don't be surprised is he twists the facts and bashes you on every 1911 forum as well as Facebook, his website and every other form of social media available to him.

When you dispose of trash you do the general neighborhood a favor, but don't expect any credit for it.. in fact you'll share the blame.. and you'll smell a little like the trash collector.. Just saying.. Ron

19. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    One option may be to disclose the product or type of service involved. Anyone considering that same thing could PM the OP for details. (Just re-read the original post and it's the other way around. However perhaps the OP can offer up details in a PM if requested individually)

While I'm all for full disclosure, I've seen these types of threads on other forums (cars) escalate with no real resolution. I'd say that if it's a problem the admin/mods should ban the offending party if they believe that person's further participation would be detrimental to us all.

I've been lucky with "forum" transactions but I would certainly be right there with the OP if it happened to me.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  20. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    This is all true. I have never been involved, but have seen it happen to other people...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted