close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield 1911 from WWI... help

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by dgi, Sep 27, 2011.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member Supporting Addict

Sep 10, 2011
    I need info on where to find one of these bad boys...

Considering that all my 1911s are from Springfield so far, i may as well add an original WWI gun to the list... but im not looking for an original that costs $3k+ Im looking for a shooter... something with a "springfield" frame and slide with original style parts but they dont have to be what came with the gun... something that needs refinishing or has already been refinished.

Any leads? Gunbroker doesnt seem to have any, or im not searching for the right items.

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

3. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
  4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It's hard to find anything vintage. The proverbial "bucket-O-bolts" will sell for a thousand bucks.. I often think I'd like something like that to practice taking apart (therapy), but then I see all the corrosion, mismatched parts and accompanying jingle-jangle. and move on..

I'd be all over that GI if I actually needed a pistol.. LOl.. Ron

5. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    How many of us actually "need" a pistol? lol

The only reason i havent bid on the gun in the link yet is because im hoping to leave this to chance and give me a reason to actually go to gun shows :rofl:

6. Nick

Nick Member

Aug 22, 2011
  7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Sometimes the addition takes over and can't be drank away.. There's that "ah ha" moment in which you think "I've drank $20 worth of premium Cerveza and it's only slightly eased the craving"... "If it continues for ten days that'll be $200".. "If it last ten times that long, I will have spent $2000!".. Best to buy the pistol.. I drink premium Cerveza anyhow.. hahahahaha.. Ron

8. dgi

Sep 10, 2011
    i hear exactly what your saying... How do you think i went from a single TRP to two Custom Shop guns in less than a years time...

If the gun in the listed auction wasnt hacked up (frame wise), god knows what i'd have already bid it upto...

9. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted