1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Known Agitator
3,575 Posts
Emissary has the squared trigger guard, optional rail, front strap treatment. The Garrison has a non textured front strap, and more "classic" slide serrations.

Just my preference, I require front strap serrations, some folks don't care. So I would look into the Emissary if looking at those two guns. The Emissary also has an angled top on the slide, the Garrison is the traditional round slide top.

·
Premium Member
KGB Colt LW 9mm Commander
1,486 Posts
Emissary has the squared trigger guard, optional rail, front strap treatment. The Garrison has a non textured front strap, and more "classic" slide serrations.

Just my preference, I require front strap serrations, some folks don't care. So I would look into the Emissary if looking at those two guns. The Emissary also has an angled top on the slide, the Garrison is the traditional round slide top.

Agree the Emissary looks awesome 👍🏻

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you are getting your feet wet, I would go with a standard configuration, ie round trigger guard. The square trigger guard may look cool but it’s a no for me. It won’t fit in anything from my holster bucket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are getting your feet wet, I would go with a standard configuration, ie round trigger guard. The square trigger guard may look cool but it’s a no for me. It won’t fit in anything from my holster bucket.
I was just going to ask about this - I am guessing the majority of holsters will not be compatible? I thought that was a very strange design decision on SA's part.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you checked out the Ronins? I was going to also suggest a Range Officer but I don't see them cataloged. Even if they are not, there are plenty around. A RO in 45 got me into this. My last 1911 was a Wilson Combat. Be careful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I kinda want something like a Garrison, but with better sights. Unfortunately it looks like SA basically decided the Emissary was going to be their next tier up, and I just can't do it.
yeah, the sights could be better, but for some of the deals out there, you could always swap them out later…I picked mine up this morning, and shot it this afternoon…I really like it so far.

·
Premium Member
16,475 Posts
I was just going to ask about this - I am guessing the majority of holsters will not be compatible? I thought that was a very strange design decision on SA's part.
Not really, people still square trigger guards on 1911s. Follow Jason Burton, IIRC Greg Derr has done it, etc etc

I like squared TGs, but the rest of the styling is not for me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts