1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
4,962 Posts
Sweet looking Springer.

Those grips look terrific. I'll bet they anchor it nicely in hand.

I like the railed SA Operators. Great nightstand guns, in my opinion....and mighty fun to shoot.

Shot a non-SA railed 1911 yesterday in an indoor range. Turned off the lights in my lane and positioned the target where it was in shadows from adjacent lane's can lights. Flipped on the rail light and lit up the target nicely. The extra weight was nice, too.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Nice, my next one will be the same in 9mm. I've got plenty in 45acp and frankly at my age, I've gone with Rob Leatham's suggestion for 9mm. Bought a Springer LWC in 9mm and shooting it a lot more. 45s I'll still use for matches and home.

·
born in the wrong century
4,962 Posts
I fully understand the appeal of the 9mm railed-1911....aka, Smooth Operator.

9mm 1911’s in general are very enjoyable. Ammo & components are easier on the wallet. Slide racks with ease. Recoil isn’t punishment even after shooting hundreds of rounds in a session.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I fully understand the appeal of the 9mm railed-1911....aka, Smooth Operator.

9mm 1911’s in general are very enjoyable. Ammo & components are easier on the wallet. Slide racks with ease. Recoil isn’t punishment even after shooting hundreds of rounds in a session.

Depends on your age and condition... when we were younger, more competitive and some of us were on duty, you stayed in shape. It helped with the issue and shooting 100s of rounds in practice.

At my age, I totally agree. Lowest amount of rounds put threw my "champion" is 80 rounds because of weather. When I find a deal on a 9mm operator, I'll grab one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts