Springfield Armory Gunsite Service Pistol... Mine!

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by dgi, Feb 16, 2012.

1. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Gunbroker was good to me again today...

My fondness for Springfield Compacts led to a small bidding match but in the end the auction ended in my favor...

"LW Springfield Armory Compact 45acp Gunsite Service Pistol. All the usual GSP modifications with three additional items…sharkskin stippling on the front strap, Lo-thumb safety, and a Yost-Bonitz rear sight (this was added later when Ted Yost had his own shop). Comes with Gunsite slim grip panels and 4 officer model magazines. Gun is in excellent (but carried) condition. Three day non-firing inspection period applies. If you do not find the gun in "as descibed" condition you may return it for a full refund (buyer pays for insured return shipping). Firearm will ship FFL to FFL. Will only be sold/shipped where legal to do so... "

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How did I do? I didnt know Gunsite made a Compact model of their service pistol. What years was this made? How many? I dont think i'll be keeping the low thumb safety but the rest looks good to me :D

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Very nice. I really like my SA Compact. It has been my favorite EDC. congrats on the gun.

I would just email SA to see when that pistol was made. And what was the count and duration.

3. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Very nice! That looks like the Wilson BP low ride thumb safety? If it is and your going to get rid of it... I'm interested.

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice grab! I've never tried one of those lowered thumb safeties, but I'd like to.

Let us know it shoots. :smilie:

Andy

5. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    dgi, very nice set up and great score. Post a range report when you get a chance.:thumb:

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  8. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Gun is now for sale in classifieds... I dont need two Compacts and i think i need an HK45c... lol

9. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Decided that im going to keep the gun after all...

Went to the range yesteray and shot it. Flawless with 200 rounds of walmart ball ammo. I didnt have any JHP to test it so it wont go into carry rotation yet but its looking good. It flips alot more than my CCC that has a steel frame but it is very manageable.

To scratch the non-1911 carry itch... i picked up a Glock 36 on friday. I have to wait until the 13th to pick it up so we'll see how that goes.

10. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i guess you weren't the one that won the Mega Millions. LOL

11. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    lol had i won the jackpot... i'd buy a portion of Glock... not "a" glock haha

12. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats on the Springer Compact score!

My LW Compact is waiting in like at Rogers Precision.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  13. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    How long till you get that thing back already? I'm dying to see it!!!

14. combat_vet

combat_vet New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Did you have any luck moving the GS?

15. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    No luck so i decided to take it off the market and enjoy it :) any luck selling your hi-cap?

I just ordered a Brown single sided thumb safety to replace this low safety... I wonder if i could fit it myself? Lol

16. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    You will like that HK45C if you get one....

17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Not really sure,......do not want to pester Chuck.
    Sent it in mid-October, was told 4-12 months,.....so I'm half way there! :biggrin1:

18. dgi

dgi NRA Life Member

Sep 10, 2011
    any specs on what your having done??? :eyebrows:

19. Tactical Response

Tactical Response I'm Your Huckleberry

Nov 20, 2014
    Pic man, pics! Where are the pics? :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted