1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this is just a FYI really. I was in one of my LGS this morning and they had (2) of the New Springfield 2011s in the display case. So of course I had to fondle them (kinda like when I was looking for a wife)...

They feel great in the hand and I like the feel much better than my Staccato C2. The lock up was quite tight and the guns overall felt well built, almost "Tank" like. They are much heavier than my C2 but I don't think they are excessive in their weight. Both the 4.5 and 5 inch are less than the Staccatos $1499.00 and $1,699.00 and that's with the optic cut already done.

If I was looking for another 2011 I would scoop this up.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha! Sorry guys no pics. The guns are in Austin and I just stumbled on them by chance.

Reactions: RandyMc

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How are they out in the wild but they're not on the SA site.
According to the sales guy they apparently were not supposed to really advertise about them just yet. Apparently they got 2 of these guns and they were sitting in the 1911 display case. I initially saw them and ,quite frankly, I didn't know what they were until he told me.

Did you post this up on glockTalk as well? Pretty much 0 info online about these.
yes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
According to the sales guy they apparently were not supposed to really advertise about them just yet. Apparently they got 2 of these guns and they were sitting in the 1911 display case. I initially saw them and ,quite frankly, I didn't know what they were until he told me.

yes.
Whoa sounds pretty cool to me! To bad you didn’t snap some photos.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I handled one at my gunsmith’s house yesterday. It’s owned by a friend of his who is a police firearms instructor and has a relationship with Springfield (he has also appeared in advertisements for them). I Googled it as I was holding it and when I told him I couldn’t find any mention of it anywhere, he said they’re not out yet and his friend was given one for testing purposes. If the price point is less than a Staccato then I would definitely buy one.
* I also did not think to take any pictures at the time 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stuff happens. I once got called out as a liar for stating I’d seen a new Glock 18 for sale in a store for around $500. I mentioned it wasn’t for sale for regular Americans due to being a post ‘86 machine gun, but, oh no, I made it all up. Pictures shut them up, though.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think someone posted a still from a Springfield promo a little while back that happened to have this in it.
For those who have seen/handled one, any news on mag compatibility? I would rather not invest in a whole new type of 2011 mag.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Must be this… View attachment 1068126

My thoughts too

1 - 20 of 467 Posts