1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this Springfield Armory re-build. The gun is being given as a gift to a friend of the local PD. Long story short a bunch of cops got together and made it happen for a long time friend. Guy runs a business in a rough part of town and got to know a few beat cops. Next thing you know he's got a bunch of cop buddies. He's always willing to help out and offer a dry safe place to take a break over the years. Gun was donated by one of the group and started off as a plain Jane stainless steel mill spec. I was somewhat limited as to what I could do because some of the parts were donated to keep cost down as much as possible. Never the less I think it turned out pretty well. We got him a display case and a shoulder holster to go along with it. He's been saying he's always wanted a 1911 but isn't the kind of guy to buy himself anything.

Before images attached.
IMG_5717.jpeg
IMG_5718.jpeg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Highlights:

-Only original parts are the frame, slide and firing pin.
-Pete Single 25LPI checkering and high cut front strap.
-Pete also helped me out with the barrel fit. Thanks again Pete!
-All new ignition parts, S&A magwell and grip safety, ambi-safety, Harrison slide stop, EGW barrel bushing etc.
-Fiber optic front sight made from blank and zeroed with carry ammo, 10-8 rear sight.
-Gun was completely detailed to the best of my ability and "softened" for carry.

Had a great time doing this gun. I know it's soon-to-be owner and am glad to have been a part.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That is a great looking pistol!! You did a great job and the soon-to-be-owner is going to really appreciate such a wonderful gesture! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Very nicely done!

·
We Are!
2,686 Posts
Nice gun and amazing gesture - well-done all-around!

Reactions: A45GUNNER

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,612 Posts
Nice build and a great gift. The recipient is going to be some proud of that, I certainly would be.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Anyone would be proud to own that one. Beautiful gun!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well done, sir! Your efforts are going to be well received, I’m sure. And to get Pete to do some of his classic checkering, wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,528 Posts
Very well done. It always makes me smile to see kindness like this. Best to you and all that made it happen! Sweet looking SA btw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts