Springfield Armory Ronin 9mm

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by reconciler, Sep 19, 2020.

1. reconciler

reconciler Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I just saw on of these at my LGS and was hugely impressed! I like my Les Baers and Colts, but if this gun was in .45 I would have purchased it. It has a great trigger, the fit and finish were excellent the best part is it was only $769 which in my opinion was a steal! I'm going to paying more attention to Springfield Armory.

Dub and Integrity Arms like this.
  2. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    They make them in .45ACP for the same price.

I bought one in 9mm; first 1911 I've own in anything other than .45ACP. Wanted to be able to pass a "metal" 9mm down to my son that wasn't a tupperware pistol.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Springfield is making a Milspec Defender (I think they call it) version in 45 parkerized right now that can be had for just right at or under $500

reconciler likes this.
  4. 1911DOC

1911DOC New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Waiting on the SA Larry Vickers Tactical @$1495

reconciler likes this.
  5. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I own one in 9mm. They are pretty, but my trigger needed some attention. I think it’s a lot of gun for the money, but you also sorta get what you pay for. The blueing on the slide is beautiful, but thin. I already mentioned my trigger that had some creep, and was gritty. I resolved that with some TLC.

That said, for me, finding a lower priced 1911 that is outfitted like I want, with sight cuts like I want is always a challenge, and the Ronin had everything I wanted. I did change a few things on mine. Trigger, rear sight, thumb safety, stocks, added magwell, mag release. But I do that on all of them. :)
    309A5FA3-F4CE-4A9E-9C2E-E9869E6ACB27_1_201_a.jpeg

6. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I had a 9mm version, also did some changes similar to what fieldgrade did. Nothing wrong with the pistol, tons of fun to shoot but decided I'd rather stick with .45 in my steel 5" guns. Definitely a lot of gun for the money. Enjoy!

fieldgrade, Dub and reconciler like this.
  7. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017
    Just got one, externally they're really nice for Springfield. Internally they're basic Springfield. Horrible trigger, MIM parts, burr on disconnector hole.

None of the internals bother me, I always plan on changing the ignition parts out. This will go out for several things including checkering, the beveled mag well works fine for me.

A must note: first time I've had a fiber front I might leave as is. It actually works for me.

Doc45 and Dub like this.
  8. MFM22

MFM22 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Just got a chance to try my 9mm Ronin worked with no issues 50 rounds target 115 gr.

Only issue I had was it was consistently left of aim point not low or high. Left 2" at 10yds
    Will need to find a way to adjust windage ?

9. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    You sure it's the sights and not you? I'm used to flat triggers and when I went to shoot mine (including my ROC) my trigger pills were off and I corrected it. The Ronins are test fired at Springfield. Never got one with sights off.

10. fieldgrade

Mar 13, 2017
    Drift the rear sight an imperceptible smidge to the right. You will probably want to use a sight pusher, versus a flat punch because you can’t push it far or you’ll be shooting right.

11. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    I'm curious to see if it's the sights. Trigger on mine is so bad as consistent as I am, I was grunging shoots with mine the trigger is so bad. Weak hand was useless, I was all over the place. Not the sights on mine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  12. MFM22

MFM22 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I was shooting Glock 43 , and DW Valkyrie - not going left
    maybe just me with that Gun - we'll see

13. MFM22

MFM22 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    There is a set screw on sights - just loosen that and drift sight ?

14. fieldgrade

Mar 13, 2017
    I just ran my 9mm Ronin for the first time since swapping the recoil spring from factory (9lb, I believe) to a Wolff 10lb.

Ran perfectly, with fully loaded 10rd Dawson mags (plus 1 loaded from a barney mag) to see how it will do Saturday in IDPA.

I had had a few failures to go fully into battery with the factory recoil spring.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    cwmoss and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  15. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    Did you take to apart and fully clean it? My slide was unusually tight till it got cleaned. They left kaka in the pistol when they shipped it. Works fine and eats anything I've fed mine.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted