1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw the Emissary when it came out and didn't much care for the look. Besides I had already decided that I "needed" another commander sized 1911 anyway.
Two days ago I walked into my favorite shop in a neighboring state and there among the 5 inchers was a 4.5 inch Emissary. Surprised me as to how good the "grenade" pattern felt to my hands. I also love the sights and like the bull barrel. I also don't care for rails and didn't mind the square trigger guard.
Next thing I know I'm saying those magic words.
The hard part now will be the wait as the family run shop is on vacation until 3 Jan so I told them to not ship it until they get back. Don't want it getting lost in the holiday craziness. Patience is not one of my virtues!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Toughest thing is buying a toy and walking out without it, especially in colonized states like NJ where this happens every time.
imagjne buying your son a toy he’s excited about and at then telling him ok son we’ll Come back to get it in a week or so, once the “instant 10 min background check is complete”
heart breaking!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well I haven’t shot mine yet(still on crutches), but I changed it up a bit. I have a couple 1911 part bins full of Wilson and Brown parts I may start fitting the ignition parts if I decide to keep it a sub 3lbs trigger is a must. I didn’t have a full size 9mm. So I picked it up. I can’t believe how heavy it is the Heavy Barrel is just that.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
[mention]AC45ACP [/mention]

Pistol looks great.

I wonder if they plan on coming out with a commander sized 9mm. That would be my selection!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just purchased the .45 commander today and have to say I really like it. My Hellcat X2 had a similar grip pattern but in my opinion this is considerably more grippy and the slim grips are a plus for me. Only put 50 rounds through it but didn't have any issues and it was more than accurate. I'm seriously thinking about picking up the 5 inch 9mm tomorrow to go along with it.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Sleeve
Textile Air gun Sleeve Grey Rectangle

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered the Emissary Commander .45 and will share thoughts here once it arrives and I get to spend some time with it. It has many similarities, both in features and in looks, to the DW TCP I own and love.
Thoughts on the Emissary vs. DW TCP @Hammer Time ? They definitely have a lot of similarities, look forward to any feedback you have. Thanks!

·
Denizen
438 Posts
Thoughts on the Emissary vs. DW TCP? They definitely have a lot of similarities, look forward to any feedback you have. Thanks!
I own both. While I like the Emissary for what it is, if I was only going to own one or the other, it would ber the TCP, no question. Of course, it's also about $500 more expensive, and you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about picking up the 5 inch 9mm tomorrow to go along with it.
M, did you get the 5 inch 9mm to go with it yet?
I liked shooting my 4.25 well enough that I have a the 9mm 5" coming. Should be here by Tuesday if the weather doesn't delay it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
M, did you get the 5 inch 9mm to go with it yet?
I liked shooting my 4.25 well enough that I have a the 9mm 5" coming. Should be here by Tuesday if the weather doesn't delay it.
I drove 180 miles round trip to buy the 5" last Saturday but the trigger wasn't as nice as the Commander so I passed. I ended up buying a Kimber Rapide Scorpius from the same store and it's a very nice shooter also. My last 3 Kimbers (Aegis Custom OI, Aegis Pro OI, and the Rapide) have been really impressive from the fit and finish to the overall performance. If I come across an Emissary 5" that has the same level of trigger as the Commander I'd probably still pick it up because I like the Commander that much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 9mm looks incredible with the railscales and mag well. I had read elsewhere that the finish on the slide was flaking off very easily. How has the coating been holding up?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The 9mm looks incredible with the railscales and mag well. I had read elsewhere that the finish on the slide was flaking off very easily. How has the coating been holding up?

Mine has been holstered a lot. Normal wearing for a blued slide. Have not seen or noticed anything abnormal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been holstered a lot. Normal wearing for a blued slide. Have not seen or noticed anything abnormal
Good to hear. I definitely see one of these making it into my collection. Enjoy

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,108 Posts
Calipers Wood Tool Plant Musical instrument accessory

Rectangle Wood Grass Trigger Air gun

For anyone interested: I have the one Hilton Yam reviewed and customized in the For Sale section…

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own both. While I like the Emissary for what it is, if I was only going to own one or the other, it would ber the TCP, no question. Of course, it's also about $500 more expensive, and you get what you pay for.
Absolutely agree. This is mine brand new and unfired...
Automotive tire Air gun Trigger Automotive design Shotgun
Automotive design Office equipment Input device Guitar accessory Office supplies

Slide stop rubs the frame and the thumb safety contacts the plunger tube causing the nick. Both were not noticeable until the gun came home and was dry cycled about 20 times. This is the LAST Springfield Armory I will own until they up their quality standards...I'll pay the extra $500 and go with DW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely agree. This is mine brand new and unfired...
View attachment 903808 View attachment 903809

Slide stop rubs the frame and the thumb safety contacts the plunger tube causing the nick. Both were not noticeable until the gun came home and was dry cycled about 20 times. This is the LAST Springfield Armory I will own until they up their quality standards...I'll pay the extra $500 and go with DW.
While friction. Will totally wear the finish, do you think it’s a poor finish overall?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can only imagine it is not the greatest based on my example. The slide stop is poorly fitted rubbing the frame causing the mark which is not normal wear and the safety wasn't fit properly contacting the tube. :mad: Boils down to pride of workmanship.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can only imagine it is not the greatest based on my example. The slide stop is poorly fitted rubbing the frame causing the mark which is not normal wear and the safety wasn't fit properly contacting the tube. :mad: Boils down to pride of workmanship.
That’s really too bad. I was excited about these when they first came out but now I would be hesitant to buy a gun that is going to need work out of the box, especially in that price point

·
Registered
45 Posts
That’s really too bad. I was excited about these when they first came out but now I would be hesitant to buy a gun that is going to need work out of the box, especially in that price point

Exactly. It won't be in my collection long and I see a DW in the near future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I haven’t shot mine yet(still on crutches), but I changed it up a bit. I have a couple 1911 part bins full of Wilson and Brown parts I may start fitting the ignition parts if I decide to keep it a sub 3lbs trigger is a must. I didn’t have a full size 9mm. So I picked it up. I can’t believe how heavy it is the Heavy Barrel is just that.

View attachment 888187
View attachment 888188

Noob here, have to know how you did this and what the difficulty level was on a scale to 10.......

Looks incredible.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts