1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the 9mm is a fine round but since I carry a Wilson EDC X9 I want something different to add to the rotation. Has anyone done a .400 Corbon or .41 Action Express. Not sure on overall length of these cartridges. From my quick research the Super is too long. Right now the .357 Sig is the front runner

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It is worth noting that the 40 caliber Hi Powers have thicker slides to assist in standing up to the hotter cartridge. If I was going to make a 357 Sig Hi Power, I'd start with a 40 caliber Hi Power and not a Springfield SA35.

·
Registered
137 Posts
.41 Action Express.........Wow

There were kits to convert a Hi-Power to .41 AE back in the day. Barrel, mag and spring if I remember correctly. They appear on GB sometimes.

I'm no gunsmith, but it seems a bit sketchy. The AE is pretty stout.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Early on, there were the .40 G&A and .40 G&A Belted. They worked, but they only had to work long enough to get out a magazine article.
A .357 SIG Conversion is going to be similar.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It is worth noting that the 40 caliber Hi Powers have thicker slides to assist in standing up to the hotter cartridge. If I was going to make a 357 Sig Hi Power, I'd start with a 40 caliber Hi Power and not a Springfield SA35.
The .40s also have an additional locking lug, don't they?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Reactions: OneEyedTanker
1 - 15 of 15 Posts