Springfield mags

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by ssqman, Oct 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ssqman

ssqman New Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Hi guys. Who is making the Springfield Armory mags these days? Are they decent quality or trade material for the Ed Brown? thanks.

2. richiecotite

richiecotite Member

Jul 22, 2014
    I think they’re made by metalform

The blues ones with the nipple on the follower have always worked well for me in a springer, Colt, and Rock River.

When they’re $12 or less they’re one of the best deals in 1911 mags, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Meints likes this.

3. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I can't say who makes them but when I bought a TRP about 1.5 years ago I got a coupon for 4. Sold off the pistol but kept the mags. They work flawlessly in my Baer TRS-so much so that they're the designated mags for that pistol, couldn't be happier with them.

HOTCHKIS likes this.
  4. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I got 6 with myProfessional, sent in the receipt and they mailed me four more. No problems, and they are the only mags I use with my professional.

Doc45 likes this.
  5. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Chances are they are the same mags..

6. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I own 3 Springfield Professionals. One of them, the owner didn't keep track of the original mags. After much searching, I ended up purchasing the Check Mate CM45-7-S-RB. They look identical to the factory mags included with the other two Pros.

That said, I have never used them. I just threw them in the Pro box for the next owner. I use a random variety of mags in my range bag, mostly Wilson Combat ETMs, in all of my government 1911s.

This post has some good pictures: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/springfield-professional-magazines-new.45222/

Gun Mag Wearhouse listing: https://gunmagwarehouse.com/springf...-factory-magazine-stainless-steel-pi6085.html

7. ssqman

ssqman New Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Thanks for the info. Looks like the family is getting me the Loaded Parked model for Christmas. Does Springfield still give out the Loaded coupons for mags these days?

8. kc1911

kc1911 Member

Jul 13, 2018
    My fairly recent 9mm RO has the Check Mate patent number on the magazine follower; so I'm pretty sure that's who makes them currently.

9. scottl

scottl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I didn't get one with last 2 I bought. But I filled out the warranty registration online and they gave me discounted prices in my Springfield store account. And I just looked and they never removed my 1911 or XD discounts Black 7 round mags are 16.50, stainless 17.50, Professional mags are 27.50

10. The War Wagon

The War Wagon Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2018
    The one 8 rd. mag that came with my Mil-Spec back in '95, was stamped "SA .45" on the bottom, whereas the 2 stainless 7 rd. mags that came with my recent Loaded (an '04 model) just have a small "S" stamped on the bottom.

Different mfgs. between '95 & '04, or...???

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted