1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Great guns, I had one until a friend talked me out of it. Might need to grab another.

Reactions: Dub

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Wow. Seems like a really good deal. I’ve always thought SA made a pretty solid production gun. This price is down near Turk/Phillipine pricing. What am I missing?
Springfield is doing limited runs of different guns that they're calling the Defenders Series, lower cost versions to entice new customers. In this case the gun comes with one mag in a cardboard box, also has different rollmarks. Still has a forged frame and slide and a "match" barrel. I bought one a few months ago and it was very well put together and really accurate. That gun is a steal at $450, which is the same as I paid off gunbroker.

If that gun had traditional vertical cocking serrations instead of slanted, I'd be interested.
This is perhaps the worst possible reason to ignore what is easily the best deal out there on a solid, basic 1911 right now.

The next best deal after this is the new Colt Classic, they're starting around $650 on the line.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is perhaps the worst possible reason to ignore what is easily the best deal out there on a solid, basic 1911 right now.

The next best deal after this is the new Colt Classic, they're starting around $650 on the line.
Interesting, I guess I've always found it more sensible to purchase things I like as opposed to purchasing things I don't like simply because they are a good deal. I concur though, it is a bargain on a well made 1911.

·
just one more
656 Posts
Super tempting, especially as a possible base gun for some custom work. I've always thought springfield overdid it with the billboard rollmarks on many of their guns. This version is really appealing. Now do I need another 1911.....this is gonna be tough to resist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts