1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Springfield Professional Light Rail (pro operator)

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Fallman 
#1 ·
Got this baby new 9 years ago and ran it right for 5 years straight. Love the gun, every time I pick it up it makes me smile but, I ran it against myself the other day in some general tactical shooting drills and scenarios vs my roland special glock 19. Using a safariland 6360 holster for the 1911 (heavily modified for speed) and the glock was coming out of a 6354do. Gotta say I was way faster with the glock. Just one instance where it was plainly faster was in run times on plate racks. 3.2 second average to run a plate rack from 10 yards with the 1911 and 2.4 for the roland. It kinda makes me sad but I proved it to myself on the range with real bullets in realistic training scenarios. Guess these young thundercats are on to something with these compensated/red dot equipped blasters. Never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of selling it! Whaddaya say?

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
The Glock is faster by a second, but so what?

If you’re using either in a defense scenario, you’re still lightning fast by all accounts.

If it’s just for fun, then the extra second doesn’t really matter.

If you’re looking for a purpose for it, start shooting bowling pins.

#15 ·
Blasphemy! I already feel like I defiled it with the trijicon hd sights! Milling it for a dot isn't out of the question, but a comp! A glock is ugly to begin with so a comp is just like, well you've already come this far, but on a 5 inch 1911!!! Sir...

#16 ·
It’s heavy gun surgery, if you could get a comp on it like the Nighthawk Firehawk - ooooooh that would be special! That way it doesn’t exceed 5 inches!

but yes - I agree the .45 is definitely slower on the timer than a 9mm... sometimes we just have to remind ourselves what we love about them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.